hi, we’re hipages Group.
We are an Australian-owned, ASX listed tech company and the leading online tradie marketplace in Australia. Ranked #2 Best Places to Work in Australia, we offer meaningful, impactful work collaborating and innovating with the best and brightest in a transparent, supportive and fast-paced work environment.
Inspired and driven by our purpose of transforming the trade industry, building better lives for everyone, hipages Group operates via three technology-enabled platforms; hipages, Tradiecore, and Builderscrack (NZ) with ~300 team members across Australia, China, Philippines and New Zealand.
The hipages team create effortless solutions that help tradies streamline and grow their business and delight their customers.
A rare opportunity to join a multi-award winning People & Culture team, this is an opportunity to lead the P&C operations for hipages Group, responsible for the engagement and wellbeing of our team now spanning four countries in APAC, ensuring we remain one of Australia’s best places to work.
How you make an impact:
As the Senior People & Culture Manager, you will ensure our people are set up to do their best work everyday. From managing our amazing collaborative office space, company and team events to ensuring regular and effective internal communications and compliance with legislation , your role and responsibilities are varied and rewarding. You will be the leader of our fun, hard-working and collaborative P&C consultants and Office experience team coaching them to help us to achieve positive engagement results with a consistent and ever evolving employee offering.
You add value by:
- Execute on the FY23 People & Culture Strategy Roadmap and ensure team goals are aligned to business strategy.
- Take a leadership role in performance management, succession planning, compensation planning, employee engagement and experience, social initiatives, reward & recognition, wellbeing and employer branding initiatives.
- Provide ongoing coaching & support to people leaders and work with the leaders to customise people solutions to support business objectives using data to inform decision making.
- Assisting to ensure all new hires align to hipages Group culture and values.
- Assist in creating an empowering and inspiring work culture that suits the hipages Group hybrid way of working (50% in office, 50% remote).
- Work with the team to champion diversity and inclusion, ensuring our hipages events and work environment is a great place to work with a distinctive and inclusive ‘one team’ culture and aligning this experience to the remote work environment.
You show up everyday and energise everyone around you with your passion for people and help to promote a positive, inspiring and inclusive organisational culture. You work with your stakeholders to ensure you are delivering what the business needs from both an employer and commercial perspective. You love to remain agile and adaptable to work in the fast paced environment we call hipages. You like to tackle opportunities and provide solutions to regularly improve how we do things.
- 8+ year’ experience in human resources, preferably within a fast-growth IT & T, Professional Services or Media organisation. Providing HR support across the APAC region (in particular AU, NZ, PHP and China);
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources;
- Proven track record of people leadership and developing high performing teams;
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of People & Culture (true generalist);
- Proven experience working with P&C data and managing People & Culture budgets;
- Strong understanding of the impact of coaching and development;
- Proven track record in driving a strong company culture and engagement;
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills;
- Proven experience working in Performance Management and working with the Fair Work Act, NES, Modern Awards and Industrial Relations landscape.
Take a look inside our home:
- A close-knit diverse family of bright, respectful, collaborative members who love to solve problems, identify and jump on new opportunities;
- High-touch personalised investment in your continuous career development;
- Agile cross-functional teams who value teamwork - from Hackathon to team off-sites, to Product roadshows, you get to experience it all;
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity via our Employee Share Program, we’re all owners of hipages and other great perks such as 14 weeks paid parental leave;
- Daily bottomless continental breakfast, fresh fruit and snacks;
- Inspiring office and location - based in the heart of Sydney CBD, only a few steps from Town Hall Station;
- Remote work and flexible work (50/50) hybrid model;
- Social connection focus: Friday socials, company parties and teaming activities - the best in town!
Sounds like you're home? Apply Now!
Innovation & Collaboration: are two important core values at hipages which both cannot be achieved successfully without a diverse and inclusive team. We don't expect you to be an expert in all areas and we are more interested in learning about you as a person, a team member and a leader.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other minority groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you don't tick every single box above, but you think you would be a great fit for the role we encourage you to apply, we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.