At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our dedicated Marketplace team partners with hundreds of brands to offer our customers more exciting products to choose from. The Account Managers are building initial partnerships and designing training for ongoing relationship management, marketing partnerships, and sales support and advice. The important partnerships that we have with our Marketplace sellers ensure we are able to delight our customers with the latest and greatest brands.
We are currently on the look out for a Marketplace Senior Account Manager - womenswear to join our team on a 12 month contract.
- Owns and drives multi department strategy, vision and budget planning in conjunction with the CM, working closely with relevant Planners and Buyers
- Develops and implements a strategic road-map for your departments
- Coordinates across functional teams to drive strategies to grow our Marketplace business
- Critically analyses sales performance to identify action points and threats to drive topline revenue
- Identifies new opportunities for revenue growth and puts forward business case to gain approval from senior management
- Monitors the profitability of the department and implements action plans where needed e.g re-negotiations
- Supports and develops own relationships with internal key stakeholders
- Present monthly forecast to senior management interpreting performance using a detailed understanding of the WSSI and key levers of trade within department in collaboration with planner
- Maintains constant communication with Marketplace partners and builds the relationship with them
- Works with Marketplace partners to find solutions for commercial and operational challenges
- Effectively manages brand relationships with strategic and profitable outcomes
- Demonstrates local and international market, trend and competitor knowledge relevant to the ANZ market
- Identifies promotion/marketing opportunities for the division in order to drive sales
- Actively contributes to the brand acquisition strategy supporting AM/ JAMs, and working alongside the CM and Buyers in the identification process to ensure a cohesive assortment across the site
- Acquires new strategic partners inline with total department strategy
- Sets up new business models to grow our overall business, familiarising yourself with relative market and industry standards
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of key business metrics and carries out brand pitches to potential new brands utilising this
- Completes and supports all facets of contract negotiations with new potential brands
- Has a full understanding of the onboarding procedure and contracts and helps the team to complete these processes
- Works with key stakeholders to ensure customer persona alignment to execute a well-rounded offer
- Monitors the performance of our Marketplace network to ensure vendor compliance, delivery timelines and customer satisfaction meet our contractual standards
- Tracks and analyses marketplace operations and systems identifying processes to optimize
- Leads, manages and mentors Account Managers and Coordinators
- Oversees growth and development of team members
We are looking for an energetic and driven individual, with strong analytical and sales experience, to be a Senior Account Manager and Leader within our highly talented Marketplace team. If you’re a strategic thinker who loves pioneering new value generating projects and initiatives, we want to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for you to show us your ability to execute cross-functional projects which impact our overall customer service.
- Experience working in a similar business or retail environment
- Ability to drive across cross-functional projects
- Strong analytical and planning skills to monitor and review operational performance of our partners
- Extensive knowledge of marketplace program systems and KPI measurement
- Ability to lead a team of individuals
- Creative commercial thinker
- Above all, passionate about what you do!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to your the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.