Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small businesses thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and the United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
We envision a world where small businesses can compete on a level playing field with the big guys. Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions and big dreams. Plus, we’re Australia's first 100% carbon neutral shipping service and a certified B Corp.
In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work. Wanna join us?
We’re looking for a Director of Sales to lead our Australian Business Development and Sales activity.
What you’ll do
Maximise Inbound Business potential
- Deeply understand the needs and pain points of small eCommerce business owners
- Deeply understand the eCommerce shipping landscape from marketplace networks to 3PLs and warehousing
- Develop and optimise the inbound sales strategy from lead qualification to relationship management.
- Research and target customers for whom Sendle can add value in order to grow our market presence
- Connect with and influence key customer network relationships
- Develop and test a highly scalable outbound strategy
Manage day-to-day sales operations
- Take on feedback from leads in order to better our go to market, product features and marketing messaging
- Drive alignment and coordination across sales, marketing and customer success teams whether or not they report directly to you
- Set up lead scoring, workflows and deals in Hubspot
Forecasting and Pipeline Optimisation
- Build out Sendle’s Sales Pipeline and optimise pipeline stages
- Work with the Customer Journey Optimisation team to automate parts of the sales journey to improve deal throughput and success
- Get the best out of our sales tools (we are on Hubspot) to more accurately forecast future sales revenue and demonstrate sales RoI
Build and operate a world class team
- Rapidly recruit, lead and develop a team of hungry and high achieving BDMs
- Develop incentive programs and KPIs for team members
- Your player/coach attitude will model the growth mindset of your team
- Research and educate the team on the competitive landscape and market shifts
- Continually optimise for process improvements and ways to work efficiently
What you’ll need
A proven track record of leading inbound sales teams and converting prospective customers into happy account holders
- You’ve had 8+ years’ experience creating or iterating on B2B inbound sales development strategies, methodologies and processes
- You will have owned the whole sales process from optimising inbound lead acquisition to lead scoring, nurture and retention.
- You’ve had experience attracting, retaining and motivating high-performing and happy BDMs
A collaborative and persuasive approach to building relationships
- It's not just excellent communication that matters, it is the ability to make the complex simple and the simple compelling for B2B small business customers and provide great solutions that meet their needs
- You’ll use your awareness of small business SaaS, eCommerce and logistics industry trends to understand and educate others on what makes Sendle a good-fit for both us and our customers
- You proactively drive alignment and coordination across sales, marketing and customer success teams whether or not they report directly to you
- You’ll hold your own, challenge, develop, coach and influence others for sales excellence and to authentically live our 5Hs
An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changeable tech environment
- You’ll enjoy technology and be a quick learner of new software, be able to forecast lead conversation data through to pipeline build and conversation rates, superusers of HubSpot or other SDR management software a plus
- You’ll enjoy a minimum viable process and you look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter
- You’ll also be optimistic, diligent, have a ‘never give up’ attitude and get excited about inspiring others to convert an inquiry into a happy account holder
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a creative team
- 20 days of paid time off
- 10 days of sick paid time off
- A generous personal development budget
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us you know this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.