- Start-up backed by Tier 1 Venture Capital firms in the US and ANZ
- Help us scale up our manufacturing capability to industrial levels / becoming automotive-grade
- Fun and inclusive culture, winner of People's Choice Award
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for an NPI Engineer to join our NPI Team. If you are the type of person who is interested in a challenge, to take a new product and help take it to mass manufacture; to work in a fast-paced company, to have a direct impact on the product and manufacturing processes, then this could be the job for you!
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are results oriented, self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems, and finding innovative solutions to those problems. You will also need to enjoy learning and collaborating with other engineers on the team.
This specific role will be responsible for supporting the timely and successful transfer and ramp-up of prototypes and products through to volume production by developing and implementing appropriate assembly processes, test methods and equipment.
The role reports to the NPI Engineering Team Leader in our growing NPI / Advanced Manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with product development, manufacturing and other teams to ensure prototype product and process requirements are verified and met
- Develop new assembly processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality
- Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, troubleshooting and root cause analysis, developing cost effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Design and develop new processes to support both short and long-term business plans with productivity, capacity and quality improvements.
- Define manufacturing requirements for process development
- Conduct and analyse designed experiments to characterise components and processes to improve over-all product performance
- Document assembly process steps, test methods and inspection criteria to support production
- Specify equipment requirements for pilot manufacturing and volume production
- Support training of operators and coordinate prototype builds
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in Physics/Engineering.
- Hands-on experience working with electronic components and systems
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Six Sigma trained, Green Belt certification
- Able to work across all levels and functions of the organization
- Experience in using engineering methods to measure the process performance; and
- Good verbal, written and computer literacy skills.
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience working with electrical and mechanical suppliers
- Experience working in a fast-paced high tech company
- Experience in Automotive industry
- Experience with LiDAR
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work towards our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan)
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Wellness Allowance
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Nany Care Service
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The recognition we gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!