Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
Athena Home Loans launched in 2019 to help Aussie borrowers save money and pay down their home loan faster. Athena’s digital mortgage platform radically simplifies the application process passing on the savings to customers as better rates. Customers switching to Athena are saving ~ $60,000 over the life of their loans. Since launch, Athena has settled over $1.9b in home loans, and saved borrowers over $200m in interest savings – and grown to become one of Australia’s largest fintechs.
Athena has built Australia’s first cloud-native home loan platform, covering the full value chain to acquire, originate, service and fund residential mortgages. Fintechs targeting mortgages are typically only focusing on a narrow layer of the value chain (e.g. originations), then handing back to legacy bank systems. By tackling the full stack, Athena aims to cut the cost of running a mortgage business by 70% vs. legacy players, providing sustainable advantage.
Athena has raised $200m in equity funding to date in four funding rounds from leading investors including AirTree Ventures, Apex Capital, AustralianSuper, Hostplus, Macquarie Bank, RESIMAC Group, Rice Warner, Square Peg and Sunsuper. Most recently in May 2021, Athena closed $90m in Series D funding – the largest ever Australia-led venture capital investment round.
As a Lead Product Designer you will play a crucial role in bringing people together to inspire the best experiences and champion the people who use our products. Voted 2021 most innovative company and Certified B Corp, we’re all about bringing real financial wellness to Australians, helping them rewrite their future stories.
As Lead Product Designer you will ensure all touch points in Athena's experience are valuable for our customers, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. You will use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. You will push our experience forward across all aspects of the customer journey and contribute to initiatives that elevate a culture of HCD, including how we do design at Athena. You will not lead other Designers initially, however, lead design on a core part of the product.
This role requires a level of curiosity and empathy to investigate the landscape, consider the people, their needs and the overall ecosystem in which they operate. You will communicate and act on these observations to create, test, iterate and deliver solutions that create measurable value for Athena and our customers.
Our team is about
- Deeply understanding customer problems and needs
- Creating brilliant strategies and executing creative designs across our e2e journeys
- Crafting service experiences that consider people, process and platforms
- Designing functional & delightful experiences that solve problems and serve the needs of people across our website, application, tracker, customer web and app platforms (to name a few)
- Owning customer outcomes, uncovering and sharing meaningful measures and taking actions that uphold customer satisfaction.
The Role - You will
- Lead experience work from discovery to delivery; understanding, creating, defining and iterating Athena's product and service experience
- Bring people together (PMs, POs, engineers, service people, customers) to co-create and do their best work
- Contribute to the culture, definition and continuous iteration of how we do design at Athena
- Contribute to the setup of lean research methods that various stakeholders can employ to test and validate ideas
- Contribute to the improvement of our tools and methodology
- Lead strategic initiatives that elevate HCD practices across Athena
- Mentor other designers in the team or those in the organisation interested in furthering their design practice
- Identify, communicate and solve customer problems across the journey
- Bring thought leadership on best practice (and when to break it) as well as emerging
- Have 5-7 years experience delivering customer outcomes (demonstrable with examples of work, case studies or a portfolio).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication
- Have both interaction design and visual design experience (layout, hierarchy, colour, typography etc)
- Have experience working in financial services (lending, desirable)
- May also have experience delivering mobile apps (desirable)
- Have skills in illustration and motion (desirable)
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.