Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Location: Australia or New Zealand
Purpose - how this role supports our mission
Our ultimate mission as a company is to create a better world of work for more than 100m people. To achieve that, it’s vital that our current products are the best they can be, and that we continue to expand our way into new parts of the employee experience to bring more value to our customers, and make workplaces better.
The VP of Product, Cultivate and Career looks after a diverse product portfolio, spanning things such as the performance cycle, individual career development, social recognition, and more. If you’re passionate about how humans succeed inside organisations, how they grow, change, and are seen - this could be for you.
This role carries some weighty responsibility, for sure. One of our largest products - Performance - sits in this patch, and has plenty of opportunity to reach new heights. Alongside that, there are some recently released or still-forming products too, where you’ll support the team to iterate, learn, and increase the value for customers over time. Creating a healthy ecosystem of expanded and diversified products are vital planks within our company strategy.
How you’ll spend your time
Your home ground will be the love and passion for meeting customer needs - crafting plans to help us stand out in the market, honing in on opportunities to delight, and working the data to ensure we’re solving core needs and helping our customers build better workplaces.
It’s both a creative and data-centric role, where you’ll be encouraged to form a view on where we could head, and take a learning and validation mindset to figure out the best path forward.
Execution counts for a lot. Spending time with teams, guiding their direction and impact, and helping remove roadblocks and create momentum are all in a day's work. We’re growing fast, so there’s a lot of learning on the fly and helping create new ways of working as part of this role.
How a person mentors and shows up is just as valuable to us as what they create/make. Bringing your whole and best self to work matters, to mentor your team to do the same. Growing careers, supporting the calls the team make, and helping set people up to succeed are things you’ll love to spend time on and value doing well.
Some of the experiences we’d love you to bring to the table (if you have some, let’s talk!)
- Plenty of time spent learning the craft of product, ideally with more than 15 years experience and a bunch of those years spent mentoring other product managers
- Diversity of product experiences from a range of places, perhaps some of that in fast-growth B2B and or B2C SaaS companies during the scale-up phase
- Some thoughts about the tools, processes and ways of working that help teams to be set up well to build impactful software products
- A change-maker mindset: where in other roles you’ve naturally sought out ways to uplift teams and create greater impact for customers
- Empathy-led people coaching skills, including to lead multiple teams of teams
- A fascination (and an amazing bonus: domain experience) with the world of people and culture, and what it takes to help make better workplaces
- Comfort with the different elements of what it takes to lead - strategic, empathetic, able to work through others, motivate - and care for continuously improving, too
We seek passion, not perfection. We love a risk or two, and to fail happily. And we are so excited by people who share our passion for making workplaces better.
If this caught your interest, please do reach out. We’d love to chat.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work:
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly, an opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!