Rokt is the global leader in eCommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Uber, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that use Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 Billion. We are expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in Sydney and a major R&D hub in NYC. With 50% annual growth and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: smart with humility, own the outcomes, force for good, conquer new frontiers, enjoy the ride, raise the bar, communicate with impact, and disagree then commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we foster an environment that helps us all do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
The Business Development Director will lead the sales, onboarding & relationship management process for new Rokt clients in Australia. Based in Sydney, the Business Development Director will be expected to build and cultivate strategies in the following areas: prospecting, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing in order to grow our revenue footprint in the region. It is important that you demonstrate leadership qualities and work in a constructive and collaborative way with both internal counterparts on various teams across the organisation, as well as our clients. A successful BD Director is able to think critically and implement strategies that deliver ROI, catered specifically to each client.
We're looking for a self-motivated, high-integrity individual and team player who shares our passion for innovation and everything digital. You’ll be working with industry thought leaders and surrounded by smart and driven people who are passionate about taking on new challenges together. You're a strong fit for this role if you have a sharp, commercial mind that takes a solutions approach to solve complex client problems. You are used to selling into the C-Level of large, complex organisations with a long sales cycle, managing multiple stakeholders and pulling together complex technical solutions. As an individual contributor, this role is purely focused on creating and closing net new opportunities with success measured by new revenue delivered within Australia.
- Obsess over clients, hit your numbers & contribute to the Rokt community.
- Outreach/prospecting to get your foot in the door at cold prospects
- Strategic partnership development to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Tactical account planning and relationship-building
- Develop relevant marketing decks and client-facing proposals
- Build and maintain strong client relationships to drive upsells & new product adoption
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly revenue forecasting and account plans
- University Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Masters and above are advantageous.
- 10+ years of experience in closing high-value solutions.
- Advertising & Media, Agency, or Tech Sales background is a plus.
- Must have a proven track record of selling into and building credible relationships at the "C" level as well as through the organisation.
- Professional client-facing skills. Polished, articulate and credible when communicating with clients. Full comprehension of client businesses and needs.
- A curious mind with a strong desire to leverage creative problem-solving skills to develop new ideas and revenue opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, high-energy sales culture with a proven track record of high performance
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruitment process is tough but diligent. We’re constantly aiming to implement our value of “raise the bar” and setting high standards for our Rokt’stars. This is essential in our high-performing, high-grow culture where we strive to bring in the brightest and best talent. Our teams thrive by challenging the status quo and we encourage all of our teams to unleash their desire to achieve something bigger.
- Join a community. At Rokt we’re a community of curious explorers. We’re not afraid of venturing into uncharted territories. We work together as one single, aligned team. We value diversity and transparency which is why we support a number of internal employee resource groups including an EDI steering committee, Rainbow Rokt which empowers our LGBTQIA+ Rokt’stars, Womxn who Rokt promotes gender equality in tech, and more.
- Accelerate your career. We want you to unleash your full potential. This is why we have an annual ‘Level Up’ allowance of $5,000 that gives Rokt’stars the ability to take courses, attend events, go to training, and more to help our great employees become even better leaders.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We even incentivise individuals to utilise their PTO with “High 5” days, an additional 5 days of PTO when you’ve used 75% of your allotted annual paid leave. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 5 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch every day and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt'stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone is rewarded.
- See the world! We want our Rokt’stars to enjoy the ride. As we aim to bring meaning and fun to our everyday work, we host global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022, and Whistler in 2023). As we strive to build a community of curious explorers, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have bustling offices in great cities including New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- We believe we’re better together. We love spending time together and are in the office most days (most teams are in the office 3-4 days per week). We also get that you need to balance your life and your commitments so you have the flexibility to manage your own hours and can spend up to a week of every quarter working from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we know our collective strength comes from how different we all are. We encourage you to apply for one of our open roles—irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary Range - $110,000 - $175,000k + OTE + equity + benefits