At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
About the Team
The Creative Content & Social department is the creative hub of THE ICONIC. Comprising photographers, writers and stylists, we are a loud, energetic bustling group of creatives, all striving to push the boundaries of what is considered market-leading fashion content.
About the Role
We are on the hunt for an experienced design leader and craftsperson to lead our growing in-house design team. With both management and hands-on skills, you will lead and mentor designers in the creation of marketing materials from ideation, strategy and concept through to delivery across all platforms. In this pivotal role, you will take ownership of our creative outputs and have the opportunity to drive the brand’s overall aesthetic – elevating our look and feel while helping us achieve business and marketing objectives. A digitally-focused role, you will create engaging and fresh art which supports our retail marketing endeavors.
What you’ll be doing
- Day-to-day management of graphic designers and creative output, providing leadership and mentorship for a team of designers in the end-to-end creation of multimedia marketing assets while supporting them to grow and develop their skills.
- Review work and articulate constructive feedback to ensure brand consistency, design quality and that all creative elements from design and copy to photography and animation work holistically.
- Be guided by our brand strategy and work with the Managing Editor to manage the design team in order to execute jobs successfully on deadline and to brief.
- Working collaboratively with Creative leads to ideate concept and art direct photography and video shoots that tell relevant and engaging stories.
- Take the creative lead on design briefs; ideate concepts, brainstorm and pitch ideas - encourage innovative thinking and new approaches.
- Assist in the evolution and maintenance of the style guide for THE ICONIC brand.
- Research competitors, trends, patterns and best practices, design inspiration and customer insights.
- Supporting the team’s scalability through documentation, process improvement, interviewing and hiring, and encouraging effective & efficient creative practices.
We’re looking for someone who/with...
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Designer or Art Director creating a diverse range of content in the fashion/e-commerce field or agency with a fashion focus.
- Experience leading a team of creatives, and providing professional support and development for junior and senior designers.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for creating high quality and diverse content.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma and Invision.
- The ability to brief creatives effectively to create beautiful and quality content, with demonstrated experience in commissioning illustrators, videographers and other creatives.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment.
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Is a process-driven and strategic thinker - keen to improve existing workflow and implement best-practice.
- Always strives to push the boundaries, with knowledge in current technologies and a keen interest in global design and fashion trends
- A love for storytelling and creating media, with experience in production processes, technical treatments and the ability to prepare files for multiple platforms.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas.
What's on Offer…
With us, you will find an exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our office in the heart of Sydney.
In flexible structures, flat hierarchies and with motivated colleagues, there is a great potential for playing a key role at THE ICONIC in the future of fashion retail in Australia and New Zealand. We achieve this through being true to our customers by channelling the latest in technology advancements, partnering with leading domestic and international brands and hosting a local customer service team to provide the most personalised and efficient customer experience out there.