One-third of Australians live in a rental home and one-in-eight own one, but the experience is often, well… not great. Renters have to shout to be heard. Property investors have little visibility or control over one of their most valuable assets. And property managers are shackled to antiquated technology. Nobody is happy. So, we’re rebuilding the $53B property management industry from the ground up with a ground-breaking, data-powered business operations platform that delivers a better experience for everyone.
Founded in 2017, we have a vision to make every home a good investment and every investment a great home. So far, we’ve built the largest property management dataset in Australia and have helped more than 100,000 property managers, property investors and renters work better together on Ailo.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic Senior Accountant to join our finance team to help scale and support our business growth. We are on a mission to transform the industry for the better and are looking for energetic people who can help us get there.
In this role, you will report to the Group Finance Manager and will be responsible for key month-end tasks in the monthly reporting process, managing compliance requirements as well as maintaining the day to day finance operations for the Group.
You will be a part of a high-performing team, bringing in your experience & knowledge to ensure our reporting are accurate & compliant. You will be a part of a team that is big on mentoring & professional development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reconciliation of payment infrastructure of the group
- End to end Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable function
- End-to-end payroll processing (fortnightly) including expense management, bonus, final pays, etc
- BAS, IAS, Payroll tax, Superannuation, Workcover reconciliation & lodgement
- Suppliers, Customers & Employee maintenance
- End of month journals (accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, etc) and balance sheet reconciliations
- Inter-company reconciliation
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management pack including analysis & commentaries
- Assisting with financial modelling, rolling forecasts (as required)
- Preparation of quarterly & annual R&D calculation & liaising with external R&D team (EY)
- Heavily involved in annual audit for the group
- Training a junior member of the finance team
- Ad-hoc project/reporting as required
- CA/CPA qualified (Essential)
- Proven experience as a senior group accountant (Essential)
- Highly proficient in Xero accounting software (Essential)
- Strong technical accounting skills & reconciliation in a group environment (Essential)
- Proven experience with handling accounts, reconciliations & compliance (BAS, PAYG, Superannuation, Workcover, Payroll tax) (Essential)
- Experience with accrual accounting & balance sheet reconciliation (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to continuously look for improvement & problem solve
- Experience in modelling is highly desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail & can-do attitude
- Great work ethic & enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate team members
- Experience in working cross-functionally with other departments & stakeholders
- Flexible and exposure to ad-hoc projects/reporting as required by the manager
Why Work for Ailo
- An innovative business with a clear vision towards improving the industry
- Supportive, flexible working practises
- Passionate team culture with dynamic leaders
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Exposure to complex company structures, accounting issues
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.