About your next workplace - Nexigen Digital
We are Australia’s largest privately-owned group of online service providers, which includes brands such as VentraIP, Synergy Wholesale, and Digital Eagles.
Every day our all-Australian team deliver exceptional service and outstanding support to our 200,000+ customers who choose us for their domain names, website hosting and digital marketing.
Over the past thirteen years, we have been constant game-changers, industry innovators, award winners, and community leaders - and now is your chance to join our team.
As a Senior PHP Developer at Nexigen Digital, you will work with a close, agile team to deliver new projects and continuous improvements to our internal and customer facing systems. We're looking for someone who is passionate, proactive, goal oriented and posses excellent problem solving skills.
At Nexigen Digital we have a team of passionate developers who are constantly learning and passing on new skills and knowledge to their peers, and as such are able to provide opportunities to a range of developers with different skillsets and experience.
An average day may include any or all of the following tasks:
- Building secure, reliable and scalable code that can be used across our platforms
- Researching, proposing and implementing solutions to complex business requirements
- Implementing and maintaining new tools, best practices and methodologies
- Providing mentorship and guidance to fellow developers and team members
- Reviewing work of the development team via code review and providing actionable feedback
- Establishing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (via GitHub Actions) and encouraging and assisting with test automation
- Creating quality technical documentation for use by our development and operations team
The right person (is it you?)
- Five plus years' experience in OOP PHP development with LAMP stack
- Experience working with Linux commands and environment.
- Good knowledge of relational databases using MySQL/MariaDB and familiar DB schema designs using MySQL Workbench.
- RESTful API in JSON formats, and SOAP Web Service development experience.
- Good knowledge of Git for project version control.
- Experience in Agile development processes, with the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with project management tools such as Jira and Trello
- Maintain and follow PSR-2 code style guidelines.
Handy things to have (or are able to learn)
- Use of the Laravel Framework with the MVC development model.
- Experience with the React.js framework
- Have an understanding regarding implementation of good UI/UX in web development.
- Familiar with semantic versioning and change logs.
- Experience with using a CMS platform such as WordPress.
- Knowledge of the Domain Name and Web Hosting (cPanel, WHM, Plesk, etc.) industry is valuable.
- Experience and know how to work with Perl and Python languages.
The benefits of working with the Nexigen Digital team
Aside from being awarded “Employer of Choice” in the Australian Business Awards, we are often referred to as the Google of south-east Melbourne thanks to our unique facilities and team culture, and a top-down mandate to take care of the people who take care of our customers.
Some of the office perks include:
- A weekly selection of delicious meals prepared in our on-site kitchen for breakfast and lunch.
- A fully-stocked snack bar featuring an assortment of chips, chocolates, nuts, protein bars and fresh fruit.
- A drink fridge loaded with an assortment of soft drinks, juices and water.
- A fully equipped private gym.
- Barista-made coffee and tea delivered to your desk.
- A team wellness centre with a sound-proof gaming stadium featuring an 85” 4K TV, racing car simulator, pinball machine, arcade machine, air hockey table, and comfortable chill-out bean bags.
- A Wheel of Rewards for recognising outstanding contributions to the company.
- An on-site salon where our resident barber and stylist provide free haircuts on a regular basis.
We actively encourage training and upskilling for personal development and will fund courses that have a beneficial impact on the business.
Please note that due to strict security requirements the successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police Check as a condition of employment.