Afterpay’s mission is to power an economy in which everyone wins, to play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product and we see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Offered by more than 70,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. Top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including Ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We also have offices across the globe including New Zealand, USA, China, UK and Europe!
As a Cloud Engineer on the PayNow team you will be responsible for working on enterprise cloud services that provide payments and healthcare solutions to some of Australia’s largest telecommunication & health services providers. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer to take charge and make things happen in cloud, infrastructure and implementation.
- Work closely with team members to create and manage infrastructure as codeImplement and maintain automation tools
- Help with the containerisation of legacy telecommunication applications to an AWS production environment
- Implement and maintain Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CD) pipelines
- Manage highly scalable database infrastructure
- Participate in operational support of builds and integrations
- Peer review design decisions, code, and documentation
- Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving platform
- Translating business requirements to outcomes - having the ability to “join the dots” across all facets of I.T and understand dependencies
- Design and build -solutions to meet requirements and support new features
- Develop and maintain Cloud & SaaS application solutions in accordance with best practices
- Regularly review existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Identifying, analysing, and resolving Cloud / Application deployment and operational issues
- Collaborate with business, engineering and development teams to evaluate, identify and implement optimal solutions
- Stakeholder management across all levels within and outside the organisation
Who are you?
- Similar commercial experience with AWS services in a Cloud/DevOps Engineer role
- Experience managing infrastructure in AWS as code, using at least one of Terraform or CloudFormation as well as good understanding of AWS security best -practices
- Familiarity with networking concepts and load balancing practices, especially with regards to AWS (elbs, vpcs, acls, etc.)
- Proficient in networking cloud
- Skilled in Continuous Integration, Deployment & Delivery (CI/CD) practices, including defining pipelines as code
- Experience with version control, preferably GitExperience with application integrations and business facing applications
- An understanding of database infrastructure and low level networking with AWS
- Solid understanding of web technologies, software development, architecture, application integrations and Cloud delivery experience
- Excellent critical thinker with the capacity to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and maintain composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Customer centric, friendly and approachable)
How we reward you:
- Flexible work from home arrangements (Hybrid or fully remote model of working)
- Equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave
- Beautiful office space on the corner of Queens & Collins with all snacks, beverages and catered meals
- Open ACG accounts and AWS certification reimbursements
- Additional wellness days (extra days of leave) and company-wide wellness hours
- Afterpay swag, did someone say Afterpay socks?
- Paid team outings, UberEats Vouchers & Afterpay credit on Afterpay day!
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.