Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING PRODUCTS THAT CUSTOMERS LOVE
We are looking for a forward-thinking and delivery-focused Senior Director, Performance Product Management who is energized by our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Melbourne, you will be responsible for understanding customer needs and industry trends, and driving the product strategy and roadmap for our flagship Performance business. You will lead a team of product managers across hardware, software and shared services. You will work closely with Engineering and User Experience Design to define and manage an execution plan to deliver both step change innovation and incremental product features. You will work with Sales, Marketing, Services and Operations teams to collect customer feedback, ensure the product roadmap is well understood and product delivery aligns with our Go To Market process.
We believe that our customers deserve the best experiences and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a market leading platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead our Performance Product Management team across hardware, software and shared services. Shared services are capabilities that can be used across multiple products making it more efficient to build centrally
- Inform strategic initiatives in our Performance business align with company-wide objectives and turn those strategic initiatives into actionable work for our PMs, Designers and Engineers
- Empower your team and take an active role in their professional development goals
- Drive our customer discovery process identifying customer needs and ensuring products meet those needs. Create opportunities for yourself and your team to interact with customers and build empathy for their work
- Partner with Engineering leaders to prioritize technical discovery and drive an efficient delivery process
- Partner with our UX Design team and ensure we efficiently produce simple and intuitive designs that are practical to build
- Partner with Customer Success for market and customer feedback.
- Partner with Marketing to manage the Go To Market process for new products and features including engaging and supporting sales and marketing teams
- Articulate and communicate your progress to key stakeholders including Marketing, Sales, Services and Operations
- Build a point of view sports technology trends and the competitive landscape
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of experience working in product management and 7+ years of experience leading product delivery teams
- Software development experience is required; hardware experience is preferred
- Knowledge of sports technology, wearables and sporting cultures is preferred, but not required
- Practical experience using customer led research and design to identify customer opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to build empowering cultures and develop talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to innovate
- Comfort with change and ambiguity; you enjoy creating structure and order
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills; you want to connect with and understand people from new, junior employees to tenured, senior executives
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Player-coach mindset
- A Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.