We’ve created a new role for an insightful, self-starting Financial Analyst on our growing finance, strategy, and business insights team. The successful candidate will help us envision and capture a completely new category in ecommerce technology using financial metrics, forecasts, and dashboards.
We’re hands-on “doers” at all levels of the organisation and passionate about being differentiated. If you love challenging yourself to develop innovative and quantified business insights that will help drive this fast-growing international Aussie scale-up forward, this role is for you.
Embracing our company values is a key requirement of the role:
- Driven: persistence in solving problems as we design new systems to pursue a massive market opportunity
- Transparent: can work independently with excellence but also proactively invites feedback on all contributions
- Game Changer: willing to experiment, excited to challenge the status quo, and constantly enhancing your skills
- Collaborative: recognise the power of ‘wisdom of crowds’ in a team setting to identify best practices and ensure goal-alignment
- We care: focus on collective team success and contribute to Longtail UX having an awesome culture
- Conceptualise, implement, and monitor financial and operational metrics to enhance business strategy, efficiency and growth
- Have a keen understanding of unit economics in businesses and help build and optimise our financial models
- Be a steward and key developer of our valuation, forecast, budget, pricing, commission, and other financial planning & analysis models
- Be highly proficient in navigating financial statements to identify opportunities for margin expansion and cash flow growth, working closely with the CFO
- Have a keen interest in data visualisation, collaborating with our business analysts and graphic designer to share insights to key stakeholders through dashboards
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify total addressable market and support our ambition to design and capture new product categories
- Help manage the financial aspects of projects and diligently maintain our financial frameworks, models and associated policy documentation
- Support CFO in equity analysis, including capital raises, term sheets, ESOP, share issuance/buyback, and share valuation
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in business, financial, or operational disciplines required
- MBA, CPA, CFA, CMA, or other professional certification strongly preferred
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel required; a basic awareness of database solutions and SQL preferred (you should know when to use Excel and when to ask our business intelligence analyst team for help!)
- Must have a strategic business mindset, plus advanced financial and management accounting skills
- A passion for scalable processes, automation, quality assurance, and accuracy
- Experience in venture capital, equity transactions, valuations, ESOPs, or scale-up technology businesses viewed favourably
- Effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and senior levels of management
- Exceptional attention to detail, self-driven, and excellent planning skills; must be comfortable prioritising in a dynamic and agile scale-up environment
- A natural desire to get things done and a passion for learning, or even creating, new techniques of business analysis
- A strong portfolio of financial models demonstrating a variety of compelling work in similar roles
About Longtail UX (“LUX”):
With our patented ecommerce technologies, we help our clients deliver a superior customer experience to dramatically improve their online revenue generation. Smart companies are using LUX to completely reimagine what’s possible in customer acquisition at a massive scale.
We work with clients around the world, including some of Australia's best-known brands across retail and marketplaces, including Woolworths, Myer, Graysonline, Catch Group, Dan Murphy’s, Adore Beauty and many others. Our international business is also growing quickly, with established clients across the US, Europe, Japan and Latin America, including international brands like Ssense, Adevinta Group, Kewpie, and Bravissimo.
LUX was co-founded by an Ex-Googler and is backed by well-known institutional investors, including Investec and W23, the investment-arm of Woolworth’s Group. We have a hard-working and super fun team that strongly values diversity while generating exceptional value for clients.
We value our people, and work hard to make sure that every day in the office is a good one. We encourage idea sharing, support personal development, celebrate achievements and appreciate there is life outside of work - and we are growing quickly, so there is ample opportunity for personal career growth too.
If this sounds like the ideal next step in your career, send us your CV and Cover Letter, explaining why this job sounds like a great fit for you!
For more information, please contact Angela Morrow, People Operations Manager: [email protected]
Please note, we are currently receiving a high volume of applicants for the roles we advertise so may only contact you if you are successful at the initial stage of our recruitment process.
** To all recruitment agencies: Longtail UX does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our contact alias, Longtail UX employees or any other company location. Longtail UX is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.