It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the position:
At Whispir we create products that are reflective of what our users want and need, and supportive of their behaviours and the jobs they are looking to get done. As a User Researcher you will help inform product direction for our Whispir Value Streams, working collaboratively with the Product Managers and Product Designers. You are innately curious about human behaviour and an expert at spotting patterns and curating stories.
You uphold these 3 promises:
- Help design, recruit and conduct customer interviews and UT to help us better understand our customer's needs to feed into the design and product development process;
- Help design and maintain the IA for Whispir's research repository (Dovetail); and
- Be an ambassador and advocate for user research at Whispir, and regularly communicate key findings with the business.
Working with the Whispir Value Streams, you will:
- Coordinate, conduct, synthesise and share research and insights to help improve our product(s) and that support prioritisation.
- Champion both Generative and Evaluative research methods - primarily relating to JBTD, but that also include field research, behavioural analysis, surveys, usability testing, hypothesis testing, diary studies, etc when required.
- Support and coach Designers and PMs who wish to conduct research activities.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Product Analysis and Strategy teams to uncover behavioural trends and identify opportunities to innovate (Outcome-Driven Innovation (ODI)).
- Own and contribute to our ResearchOps function
- Regularly share customer insights and themes with the business, in a way that is easily understood.
- Ensure that all research is captured and appropriately structured in our research repository (Dovetail).
- Build and own our research 'pipeline' and roadmap of activities.
- Help to manage and coordinate user interaction and research through our Whispir Beta programme
- Familiarity with quantitative research techniques is a huge bonus
Above all else you are passionate about building empathy with our users and recipients and understanding how we can improve their lives and make a positive impact, as relates to our products.
You uphold our Research Principles:
- Some research is better than no research
- We pick methods with intent
- We see research as a team sport
- We talk to our customers often
- We don't rely on hear-say
- Our research insights belong to everyone
- Our participants reflect our personas (mindsets)
- We are conscious of what users SAY vs what users DO
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir:
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Volunteer and engage with community paid leave
- Ongoing monthly WFH allowance
- Women of Whispir program to connect senior female leaders with women across the company to promote connection, networking and mentoring opportunities
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
We still want to hear from you, even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements. If you’re ready to change the way our world communicates, Apply Now!