Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Privacy Specialist, you will support the management and delivery of our Global Privacy Management Framework. In this pivotal role, you will report to our Senior Manager Privacy and partner with multiple business units as a privacy champion! This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about and would like to continue building their career in privacy.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Support the delivery of our strategic privacy programs of work
- Support privacy compliance monitoring and reporting processes
- Manage and conduct privacy risk assessments (eg. third parties, projects and initiatives)
- Be a privacy champion, delivering privacy advice and culture-building initiatives with the business
- Draft privacy policies, procedures and/or guidance
- Manage privacy matters as they arise
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for Privacy and at least 1+ years of experience in the field
- Your experience in a high-growth technology or financial services environment will be highly regarded
- You have project management skills and a sense of ownership over your work
- You’re confident, collaborative and form strong stakeholder relationships
- Your degree or certification in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded (CIPP/E, CIPT)
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!