At Canva, we’re transforming the way the world designs. Canva's user base has grown by over 10x over the last 2 years, and serves millions of users every single month, in over 100 languages, and across web and mobile platforms. In order to ensure high availability, top-notch performance, and the continued scalability of the environment as Canva grows, we've decided to grow our Infrastructure Group. We're seeking self-motivated and talented engineers to join us in our Sydney global HQ.
Stable, scalable, and well-maintained systems are the foundations of our development and design processes. The developer efficiency team’s mission is to empower any engineer to develop and ship awesome features with the highest efficiency and quality. We do this by building infrastructure tools and processes that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle. This includes our CI systems, build tools, IDE workflows, source control, and more.
The team is also responsible for the scaling and speed of these tools as we are quickly growing the number of engineers working at Canva. The mission of this role is to build and maintain a library of in-house IDE tools and custom-plugins to improve developer workflows and efficiency.
- Develop IDE integration tools and plugins for IntelliJ to allow our engineers to move faster.
- Work across CI, Static Analysis Tooling, IDE Integration (Bazel) and other developer-related domains as necessary to ensure Canva’s engineering teams continue to scale with the demands of the product suite
- Develop self-service infrastructure from the ground up to empower our engineering teams to work more efficiently
- Communicate with other teams to figure out the best solutions to their problems
- Participate in design meetings, interviews, and code reviews
- Propose new approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof Canva’s distributed cloud infrastructure as we scale up
- Be invariably passionate about performance debugging, benchmarking, building awesome things, and picking up new technologies and skills
- Ideally, have strong knowledge of the code API/model in IntelliJ; and have previous experience building IDE Plug-ins
- Strong Computer Engineering / Science knowledge around fundamentals and first principles relating to: concurrency, multithreading, data structures, architecture, and various design patterns
- Strong Object Oriented Programming fundamentals
- Advanced coding proficiency in Java, Python, C#, or any modern programming language.
- An understanding of the DevOps ecosystem concerning tooling, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong soft skills when managing both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaching and Employee Support Programs
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate and qualified overseas individuals (see below for visa information)