Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture. Our number one priority (after making amazing products) is the customer experience. We are a brand that deeply cares about our customers and we strive to do anything to make them happy and completely satisfied.
Why we have this role @ Koala
To oversee and organise the activities of the CS team, enabling them to provide exceptional service to Koala’s customers and ensure we continually surprise and delight them with every interaction with us across every platform. The CS Team Lead in the After Care team plays an important role in motivating teams on a day-to-day basis to achieve, or better yet, exceed set goals and targets and advocate the ultimate Koala customer experience across the team and wider business. This role focuses on driving exceptional customer experiences for our post-purchase Customer Support function in Warranties and Returns.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Ensure a smooth, fast and efficient customer experience when impacted by a warranty, 120-night return, or a missing/replacement parts scenario
- Be an escalation point for any customer enquiries and complaints which may require support
- Active identification of opportunities to improve processes and customer experience, taking lead in cross-functional solutions and projects
- Ensure customer requests are addressed promptly & are submitted/recorded correctly by everyone in the team, aligned to Koala CS processes
- Coordinate any re-deliveries as needed & execute the required reverse logistics services
- Generate regular reports to Customer Service Manager on warranty, returns and customer service, transparently sharing metric performance and key customer insights
- Monthly Supplier Warranty claim submission, and maintenance of claim statuses
- Problem-solving and liaising with other functions, teams and management on critical issues
- Assist with projects to make improvements to achieve better services & greater efficiencies across the Customer Experience & Supply Chain functions
- Managing, motivating and coordinating a dedicated team
- Proactive coaching of the Customer Service Team, contributing to coaching processes and documentation
- Manages performance, personal and professional growth through regular team member checks
- Build strong relationships with Koala stakeholders (warehouses, delivery and charity companies)
Ideal candidate background
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in customer service or returns function role, ideally with a strong logistics and transport background
- Ability to manage, coach and motivate staff within a team environment
- Strong focus on data driven customer experience trends and insights
- Experience with generating reports and intermediate spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- A team player that can also work independently, is self-motivated, task-oriented and organised
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to initiate and manage change
Koalities we look for...
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Acts with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything they do
- Brings good vibes to the people around them
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Naturally curious
- Thinks forward, reflects back
- Ambitious but never arrogant
- Lives the values of Koala
- Rides through change like a boss
- Creates success proactively
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - Have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works best for you.
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave policies to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen - Filled weekly with an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce. As well as fresh coffee beans in the machines, a VB fridge and our famous Koala Kombucha on tap.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get — all furry friends welcome!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - We support the whole you! Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion - We're an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
- Accelerate your career - We can’t grow as a brand unless we support the growth of our teams. We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough and business can only thrive if society and nature thrive too. How are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
*Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.