From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the VP of Marketing ANZ, the B2B Marketing Director will continue to develop and foster deep industry relationships through partnerships, sponsorships and events for all merchant segments from Enterprise through to SMB.
With extensive experience in SMB Marketing, your expertise includes strategy development for lead generation, engagement and retention through to developing and sharing insights that provide the foundation for marketing.
You will define messaging and positioning to SMB’s and collaborate closely across the marketing, sales and product teams.
To succeed in this role you will be customer obsessed, commercially savvy, data-driven and at your core passionate about strategy, business and driving success in the B2B and SMB space.
- Continue to position Afterpay as a thought leader in business and retail, leverage sponsorships and events to reinforce this thought leadership, drive paid and earned industry publication share of voice and drive a robust B2B marketing plan to grow and retain an active SMB merchant base.
- Overall development and management of the strategy, planning and delivery of an integrated B2B marketing program that supports brand awareness, acquisition and engagement activities within the retail and service sectors to acquire, nurture and engage.
- Lead a team with a high level of creativity and energy, with the ability to inspire, engage, influence, mentor and coach
- Oversee all B2B marketing activities and programs including merchant marketing communications and CRM activities.
- Management of all sales collateral, including website content, brochures, presentations.
- Develop and implement the B2B partnership, conference and events program and strategy to cement our leadership position in AU + NZ, delivering messaging and branding through events, cross-channel communications, content and advertising.
- Drive the strategy for growth and engagement by working cross functionally to plan and execute paid, owned and earned media all underpinned by a comprehensive content strategy.
- Develop best in class content for small medium business including the creation and management of Afterpay Access.
- Along with Sales counterparts, create a seamless and insightful communications and onboarding process for new SMB merchants
- The ideal candidate will effectively combine strategic thinking and planning with executional excellence and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to drive key initiatives.
- A strategic marketing leader 10+ years of strong, in-depth B2B Marketing experience and expertise in the full range of marketing activities
- Deep marketing expertise focused on the SMB segment, preferably in a high-growth business, within the AUS & NZ market
- B2B Marketing Strategy and E2E delivery of programs aligned with commercial goals
- Solid understanding of media mix and marketing communications and experience in brand and value proposition development
- Deep experience working in a highly matrixed environment, leading through others and a track record of leading successful cross-functional programs
- Extensive stakeholder engagement experience - both internal and external
- High desire to build programs from the ground up and comfortable with ambiguity
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices