Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
The Head of Workplace Experience for Australia (AU) & South East Asia (SEA) is responsible for delivering high-quality office accommodation and in house service solutions for Xero staff which supports our aim of providing a world class workplace experience.
Your mission will be to provide an exceptional workplace experience within beautiful work environments that inspire and enable staff to create beautiful outcomes.
To ensure your success you will have a strong focus on customer service, always striving to improve the experience that people have in our space, how they interact with our space, it’s technology and how the space enables people to interact with each other to strengthen our culture. Xero wants the workplace to be enjoyable and productive to allow staff to do the best work of their lives by meeting the needs of the individual and the needs of the business.
You will work with local and global business leaders to understand future needs and develop plans to meet these needs. Your remit will span all stages of the real estate life-cycle, including; creating multi-year accommodation plans, business cases, space sourcing, lease negotiation, design, fit out, project management and lease disposal.
You will be responsible for the provision of services required to operate Xero’s office space and to support other business functions, which will include; space management and our Activity Based Working approach, reception, hospitality services, physical security, travel, building management, environmental and sustainability initiatives.
You will build strong relationships with the People Experience and Internal IT teams to promote communication and collaboration which allows these vital teams to provide complementary services that deliver a world-class Workplace Experience at Xero. In addition to this, the Head of Workplace Experience is responsible for the management and continual improvement of health, safety, environment and security systems and processes within their remit to ensure the health, safety and welfare of staff and visitors and to ensure that Xero meets its legal obligations.
To be successful in this role you will need an inquisitive nature which compels you to always question how we could do things better. You will revel in finding new ways of doing things that makes our jobs easier, improves the service we offer and leads to a better workplace experience for the people of Xero.
What you’ll do
● Direct the Workplace Experience team in delivering a world-class workplace for staff and visitors.
● Communicate effectively with local and global leaders to understand, anticipate, and coordinate changes from growth.
● Lead the Workplace Experience team in developing innovative improvements to the experience staff have within our office space and when engaging with the services we offer. This should be delivered with consideration of efficiency and cost effectiveness.
● Lead, mentor and coach the Workplace Experience team to ensure that high levels of customer service and accommodation standards are being maintained and continually improved.
● Own Landlord relationships, lease negotiations and property acquisition and disposal.
● Oversee all fit out and building work projects.
● Ensure appropriate and effective building services are in place across all AU & SEA sites.
● Develop and implement a common approach to providing these services across the AU & SEA property portfolio while achieving a quality work environment in a cost effective manner. Oversee the negotiation and management of service contracts to ensure services are delivered within the approved budgets and standards.
● Ensure that regular reviews of supplier relationships/arrangements are undertaken to identify and take advantage of opportunities for improvement.
● Own OPEX & CAPEX budgets for the region ensuring all financial policies and processes are followed, including purchase ordering, invoicing, expense claims and DFA.
● Ensure the regular review of Workplace spend to identify opportunities for improvement.
● Develop processes and management systems to ensure compliance with health, safety, environmental and security legislation and company requirements.
● Ensure the effective management, implementation, monitoring and provision of reporting on health, safety, environmental and security performance within the region. Ensure that the AU & SEA Workplace Experience team provide support and assistance to staff in the regions offices. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with on site events, booking travel, carrying out workstation assessments, carrying out adhoc project work.
● Promote and demonstrate the Xero Values within the team; Human, Challenge, Team, Ownership, Beautiful.
What you’ll bring with you
● 7 years of facilities/workplace management experience within a corporate environment running services across multiple building locations.
● 5 years experience in staff management and developing high performing teams.
● Experience in managing large scale office fit outs and relocations.
● Experience in tendering contracts, contract negotiation and contract management.
● Experience in lease negotiation, lease documentation and managing Landlord relationships.
● Experience in managing health & safety management systems.
● Proven ability to build strong and beneficial working relationships with senior managers, business leaders and key stakeholders.
● Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop and implement appropriate change.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
● Excellent organisational, planning and delegation skills with the ability to effectively manage available resources to ensure that multiple projects are completed in an efficient manner to a high standard.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.