At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 20 million users in over 100 languages. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies with software engineering being the core part of who we are. Our Data Engineering team is seeking experienced Data Warehousing Engineers to help build out our new platforms and systems to support the continued growth of Canva's technical footprint.
- Hands-on development, tuning, and overall management of our Data Warehousing platforms
- Responsibility for the continued development of new features, functionality, and optimisation from raw data ingestion, to the access and modelling layer, through to maintaining the visualization layer
- Providing functional and technical subject matter expertise with respect to data management, business intelligence, and reporting to internal stakeholders across Canva’s global footprint
- Responsibility for managing planning and delivery of Data projects and initiatives across the wider business; in conjunction with product teams across both offices.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced SQL scripting skills as well as reasonable proficiency any of the following: Java, Scala, or Python
- A demonstrated grounding in the Data Warehousing domain – experience building and managing large data warehouse and data mart environments in the cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and related technologies: MapReduce, HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Presto, Impala, etc
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems
- Familiarity with a wide set of Data Warehouse architectures and methodologies, schemas, and performance / optimization principles
- Excellent written & and verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate individuals