Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference within a growing business wanting to ensure all suppliers, and materials they provide, are in compliance with engineering and manufacturing specifications and company standards, then this could be the role for you! You will be responsible for the overall quality of goods sourced from suppliers and will be liaising between Design Engineers, Manufacturing Production Engineers, and work closely with hardware and audit suppliers regularly for quality control. You will be reporting into the Quality Manager in our growing NPI / Advanced Manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintains supplier quality management system and processes
- Review and assess suppliers’ processes, including manufacturing procedures and follow up with suppliers on any requested process improvement
- Conduct supplier quality audits on a regular basis to ensure vendors and their supplies remain in compliance with company and manufacturing and production standards
- Interpreting customer’s quality notes and quality requirements to ensure requirements are communicated down both internally and to suppliers to ensure compliance with quality requirements
- Interact with the engineering design team to develop first article inspection test plan, and conduct engineering design reviews
- Conduct tests and assessments on products to identify quality issues which can include developing incoming inspection checlists and WIS's
- Identify supplier risk and systemic performance issues ensuring too-cause analysis and corrective solutions are identified and implemented with closure plans
- Handles supplier related quality issues including addressing through quality alert system, developing corrective actions and following through with supplier to completion
- Provide technical advice and guidance to suppliers on process enhancements and improvements to reduce defect rates
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering and at-least 2 years experience in manufacturing
- Practical knowledge of Root cause analysis, corrective action processes, and Quality Managenet System ISO 9001
- Desired experience working with automotive Quality management standards (ASPICE/ISO 26262/IATF16949) and core quality tools (MSA, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, etc).
- Highly technical background. Education/qualification degree (Engineering or technical disciplines) or equivalent experience required
- Extensive knowledge of quality control processes and strategies and hardware inspection techniques
- Auditor experience in both internal and external (supplier) audits.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and production process
- Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers/customers
- Prior supplier quality management experience
- Preferable experience of core quality tools: MSA, FMEA, APQP, PPAP
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work towards our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan)
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Wellness Allowance
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Nanny Care Service
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The recognition we gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019