Join a movement in which everyone can win. Afterpay started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded six years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Finish Line, GOAT, The Gap, Lululemon, Forever 21, MAC Cosmetics, Pandora, The RealReal and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As an Afterpay Incident Manager, you’ll be responsible for end-to-end coordination of both proactive and reactive change responses - deployments, rollbacks, migrations, scheduled maintenance, degradations, service interruptions and outages.
You will lead the coordination of both the resolution stream and the communication stream of incidents and service disruptions. This line of responsibility runs from first-line investigation and diagnosis through to incident management and on to post-incident review and closure.
You will be joining a global team of operators based in time zones around the world as Afterpay builds out our 24 - 7 follow-the-sun service model.
You will be collaborating with a cross-section of internal engineering/product teams as well as external vendors in all areas of platform service. You will serve as a coordinator for customer and merchant teams, bridging the service gap between front-line teams and engineering.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Problem Management | Incident Management
- Managing the lifecycle of an incident, steering from detection through to response, restoration, remediation, resolution and closure.
- Coordinating between internal engineering teams and/or external vendor teams - collating alerts, monitoring and detection internally; raising, tracking, and aging vendor tickets, cases, and escalation externally.
- Coordinating communication streams on multiple tools Slack, PagerDuty, and Zoom; cross-functionally.
- Quantifying problem or incident footprint - geographic and service areas; dimensioning customers, transactions, merchants, duration, etc.
- Ensuring that post-restoration actions are correctly captured, tracked and completed.
- Producing and contributing to the various incidents, weekly and monthly reports and post-incident reviews (PIRs).
- Supporting the service-related communication with vendors and partners -
- Tracking vendors scheduled maintenance activity, deployments, changes and other interruptions.
- Developing and maintaining operational relationships across the organization – functional and global. Compliance, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Security etc.
- Maintaining and managing the change calendars - Deployments, Migrations, Changes, Maintenance, Campaigns, Promotions & Market Events
- Continually grading service lines - settlement, payment, portal, checkout, app - by performance and maturity
- Continuing to enhance and evolve the operational and incident framework – system, process, assets and practices.
- Identifying areas of opportunity for incremental improvements in our operational framework and lead delivery through to the realization of those improvements.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Operational and qualitatively minded with an analytical, methodical, and diligent approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with excellent documentation and written skills.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience in a client-facing / B2B environment where the operational / engineering world intersects with the commercial/tactical world.
- Operational experience within a high availability systems environment (finance, payments, telco, Saas etc.)
- Committed to iteratively improving customer experience and enjoys having customer-facing responsibility
- Working knowledge in using operational toolsets in monitoring, logging, alerting and analytics space such as Splunk, SumoLogic, NewRelic, Datadog, Prometheus, Amplitude, LaunchDarkly, VictorOps, PagerDuty, RunDeck, OpsGenie
- Exposure to ticket or case management tools such as Zendesk, ServiceNow, Salesforce and JIRA.
How we reward you.
We have a pay-for-performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enroll in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We offer a wide range of insurance programs so you have the flexibility to choose what is best for you. Afterpay covers 100% of the employee cost and 75% of the cost of your dependents.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.