At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
THE ICONIC OUTLET is a new customer proposition that intends to create a curation of the best brands and products from THE ICONIC OUTLET’s main catalogue where the stock has become aged and heavily discounted. It also creates a new channel for us to help brands sell excess stock directly to customers looking to shop for the best value deals and discounts, complete with the same seamless and inspiring shopping experience they love about THE ICONIC OUTLET.
About our role...
This pivotal and exciting role heads up the Planning function within the newly set up business model OUTLET at THE ICONIC. In the initial growth phase of OUTLET, it will be in “start-up” mode. The Planner is an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solver and creative analytical thinker who loves products. The role analyses and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products and make sure that sufficient stock is available. You will also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. The role is key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – you are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
- Works with buying counterparts to develop and implement a department strategy to drive sales and maximize profit. Develops a mid-term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department, starts to think beyond the current season and planning season
- Manages the BUB process, working collaboratively with buying to achieve deadlines. Ensures the brand strategy aligns with department strategy
- Reviews in season and post season performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on, grow and decline.
- Actively manages department concerns alongside identifying new opportunities
- Mitigates risk by identifying problem areas and having a bias for action
- Works with buying counterpart to manage the critical path
- Manages a WSSI, owns the forecasting and presents in Reforecast meetings
- Collaborates with buying counterparts to ensure optimum intake phasing. Monitors intake spend and overall inventory levels. Makes recommendations for intake spend to be increased/reduced based on trade.. Updates brand plans with any changes and communicates changes to the team clearly
- Strives for optimal profit by managing & negotiating stock margins of items into and out of the business
- Ensures system coding/attributing is reflective of the range and gives insight into the performance
- Identifies and models CAYG or promotional activity to drive sales/profit/reduce inventory. Suggests and drives promotional activity dependent on the department’s needs
- Frequently monitors brands at an Indent/Hybrid/Marketplace level and makes recommendations for change based on performance
- Collaborates with buying counterparts to trial new categories, products and brands
- Provides support to their buying counterpart when making decisions on products that do not make the financial target
- Reviews STD and BTA position regularly, takes action if BTA looks unachievable. Knows which levers to manipulate to deliver the plan
- Has a clear view of STD, WTD performance and can talk to opportunities and misses
- Understands how activities, promotional discounts and campaigns within the business affect their department. Ensures sales forecasts reflect this activity
- Conducts in-depth competitor and market analysis. Utilising tools such as Web Analytics to understand potential brand reach. Presents findings and draws conclusions and actions from this analysis
- Provides input into goals and KPIs, prior to signing them off with their line manager prior to season launch. Understands the priorities and timescales related to the department goals
- Closely monitors performance against KPI benchmarks and highlights any risk, suggesting actions to take to bring performance back to meet or exceed KPIs
- Builds strong relationships with key brands/vendors and forms relationships within the industry to gain insights on performance and strategy wherever possible
- Communicates confidently to senior management regarding department performance and strategy
- Works cross-functionally, establishing strong relationships with key departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen the department’s position
- Shares insightful/useful information with the department and/or peers in a timely manner.
- Extensive experience working in Planning or Merchandising for off-price products
- Experienced in managing aged inventory and an eagerness to join a role heavily focused on trade
- Works well under pressure and manages workload. Communicates calmly under pressure
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced “start-up” environment and loves coming up with deals to help the business to grow profitable deals
- Actively looks for ways to improve current processes, gives input with regards to system improvements
- Can adapt to the changing needs of the business. Is flexible and amends plans when necessary
- Is a team player, collaborating and building relationships with buying and planning team members. Gets involved in company projects, working with team members from different departments.
- Keeps calm in the face of challenges and retains a positive attitude
Location and Key Extras
This role is usually based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.