About the job
We are looking for a Product Designer able to deeply understand our customers' pains and goals, along with business requirements and any technical limitations, to design an exceptional user experience.
This proactive and hands-on UX designer will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into the correct UX deliverable.
The Product Designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great usability and accessibility, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
To apply fill out this form https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8YFW7K9 and we will be in touch (we only be considering applications via this form)
People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
We’re a high growth tech company solving social isolation and loneliness. It’s an incredibly interesting and massive global problem that is unaddressed and underserviced. We are the #4 fastest growing tech companies in Australia in the 2019 Deloitte APAC Fast 500. This is an opportunity to work at a unique and innovative fast-growing tech startup as we scale. As a for profit and for purpose business we are a small passionate team that is lean and efficient, and you will have a big impact on our product and team.
What you will be doing:
- Gain deep knowledge of our users and the industry by conducting qualitative research.
- Own the entire design thinking process from idea to implementation - research, UX/UI design, user testing, etc.
- Use your excellent communication skills to decide the best deliverable for every case and get everyone onboard.
- Help improve and standardize our design library and main components to improve our design speed and decrease development time.
- Identify and validate key opportunities in our current flow and work with Product to address them.
- Work closely with product, tech, marketing and CX, to ideate and deliver solutions to our customers' problems.
- Keep up to date, investigate and analyse the product market for opportunities for validation and testing.
We expect you to have:
- The ability to prioritise among opportunities, balance the needs of our customers with those of our business, and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- +4 years of solid experience designing both web and mobile applications and a great portfolio to show us examples of your visual design work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment;
- Experience working in cross functional teams. Able to work directly with designers, product managers and developers to ship delightful experiences
- Research knowledge matched with analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics.
- Experience achieving and exceeding goals through your perseverance, determination and strong work ethic
- Process and methodology in place for frequent qualitative research and user feedback
- Key designs validated by user testing
- Decide and present outstanding UX deliverables: user flows, wireframes, prototypes, customer journeys, among others
- Work in tandem with product and developers to develop a product with best-in-class user experience
- Design usable and simple graphic interfaces focused at users pain points and goals
- Improving and expanding our style guide
Some of our benefits
- Personalised learning, development & conference budget
- Join one of the fastest growing Aussie startups as we scale and expand nation-wide
- Autonomous role and flat hierarchy
- Startup book library with your choice of additions
- Team celebration activities and events
- Our own (disability accessible) office - showers, kitchen & ping pong
- Flexible work hours and WFH
- Great work environment with experienced and fun team
*HCH is an equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds as well as people with lived experience of disability to apply for our positions.