Hiring Lead: Dirk Driessen
We are a fast growing SaaS company in the property and finance technology space that is experiencing tremendous success in the US, Australian & New Zealand markets.
We are an innovative email marketing platform that uses intelligent automation to nurture clients and generate leads. Designed to solve the specific challenges of real estate and mortgage broking professionals, ActivePipe enables its users to build relationships at scale and unlock the hidden opportunities in their database.
This is a really exciting time for us as we move into the ‘scale-up’ phase in our company and expand on our already awesome team of 100+ people spread across Australia, the US and the Philippines. Our platform and markets are proven. Our teams are empowered and energised. We are now laser-focused on deepening our value proposition and investing in our growth plans.
The Technical Business Analyst role within Engineering will work with key stakeholders to gather, analyse and manage the technical and business requirements for product enhancements.
Working closely with the VP of Engineering, Engineering/UX Leads and Product Manager you will be involved in capturing customer insights on product desires and help to define key product features that will improve the product and customer experience.
In addition, within this role you will be responsible for defining and leading estimation of the product features, (decomposing from prioritised product initiatives) with the Engineering Team Lead as well as the creation of detailed User Stories.
- Assisting the product team with building and maintaining the backlog, ensuring all requirements and user stories align to product strategy.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to convert business needs into business and technical requirements.
- Translating requirements into high quality user stories, including personas and acceptance criteria, ensuring the stories can be tested both functionally and non-functionally.
- Continually aligning the user stories and operational implications according to how the solution evolves, and ensuring the impacts are thought through and communicated as necessary.
- Decompose Initiatives into Features and Stories that have been prioritised by Product Manager and presented during Planning under direction from Engineering Team Lead (utilising I.N.V.E.S.T).
- Maintain traceability between User Stories and Feature enhancements.
- Facilitate (with Engineering Team Lead) agile estimation, prioritisation, and planning workshops, identifying and managing inter-team dependencies.
- Running of various workshops such as story mapping, release planning, user story walkthroughs for each release/sprint.
- Facilitate identification of gaps in solution capability.
- As required, assist with integration testing to ensure that the product enhancements work as expected.
Essential Competencies And Capabilities
- Growth mindset
- Resilience in a scale up environment where we often must solve problems not encountered before
- Strongly driven to achieve and take pride in excellent outcomes with focus on quality
- Critical thinking ability and strong problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to communicate clearly at various levels, from technical requirements to stakeholder management.
- Detail oriented and organised with the ability to manage and simplify complex systems & requirements.
- Creative and innovative with a passion for continuous improvement.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 3+ years’ industry experience as a Technical Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering agile initiatives in high performing teams as a business analyst in a digital environment.
- Agile process experience with an ability to work in small teams.
- Experience working with innovative products and product teams.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence or similar technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.