Why join Chuffed.org?
We're a purpose-led crowdfunding platform that's amplifying the actions of ordinary people who are changing the world on issues like climate justice, Black Lives Matter and refugee rights.
To date we’ve helped raise $100M+ across 20,000 campaigns in 23 countries and are backed by Blackbird Ventures & the Telstra Foundation.
Our team have supported the Biloela family to get back home, fought alongside the Wangan & Jagalingou Cultural Custodians to Stop Adani, and helped back the most significant climate change action groups across the world; Extinction Rebellion, Just Stop Oil, Last Generation and more.
What you’ll do
You’ll spend your days building and maintaining the products and features that help make Chuffed the preferred crowdfunding platform for the biggest direct action groups in the world.
Here’s how you’ll spend your days:
- Lead the development team in designing, implementing, and maintaining high-quality applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements and specifications.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Oversee the development and implementation of scalable and efficient PHP code using PHP 8 and Laravel 10.
- Manage and optimise MySQL databases to ensure high performance and reliability.
- Conduct code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Solutions architect a technology strategy, considering key factors as risk assessment, scaling, re-usability and resource allocation
- Work with stakeholders to assess feasibility and deliverability of solutions
- Understand the business context of development initiatives to align technology solutions with organisational objectives.
- You have proven experience as a Senior Developer in a Laravel environment.
- You have in-depth knowledge of PHP 8 and Laravel 10, with a strong understanding of modern PHP development best practices.
- You have a strong growth mindset - you’re not afraid to take risks, fail and learn. You’re always looking for ways to develop and improve your skill set.
- You’re passionate about social justice and have a strong desire to help Chuffed campaigners succeed
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with IaC principals/tooling (Terraform)
- Front-end experience with frameworks (ReactJS)
- Experience with GraphQL APIs
- Experience with AWS (ECS, Elasticache, RDS)
- Proven success mentoring other developers
- Competitive salary plus equity ownership in Chuffed.org.
- We value work-life balance. Work autonomously from home and meet up with the team intermittently to collaborate in-person. We’re based in Sydney but open to remote employees within Australia.
- Work alongside industry leading marketers and digital engineers in a small and agile team with deep industry connections
- Spend your days amplifying the work of campaigners pushing for progressive social change around the world
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages and abilities to apply. We value all kinds of experiences, so even if you don’t meet all of the requirements outlined above, we encourage you to apply.