About the job
Syncio is on a mission to take commerce to its next stage - Collaborative Commerce. We’re doing this by making the fundamental building blocks of any retailer - inventory, easily shareable across online stores. This is a world where retailers can seamlessly access products from any brands to sell, enabling retailers and brands to grow together.
Syncio is a high-growth startup that is currently used by thousands of online merchants with some high profile customers such as Volcom, GAP, and Kookai. Syncio processes over $50m in product value and 1,000,000+ inventory updates a month. All of this, with continued double digit month-on-month growth!
We have achieved these accomplishments through a strong product-led growth philosophy. Our pillars of growth are in customer and product - we need to delight customers, firstly through an exceptional product experience, and then secondly, delivering exceptional customer experience.
Syncio is proud to have also been selected to two of the most competitive and prestigious startup accelerators in Australia; MAP in 2018, and Startmate in 2019.
This role is perfect for someone who is ready to help take a fast growing startup to the next level. You will be leading the front-end development of Syncio, building the foundation of a top-class frontend code base, with large inputs into development best practices, tools, and Syncio’s ambitious product roadmap.
What you'll be doing
- Work with the founder and product team to build a next-generation collaborative commerce platform.
- Build best practice front end abstractions and systems.
- Integration of front-end developed elements with server side logic.
- Optimization of the platform for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work with the product designer to implement best-of-class UI components.
- Help build integrations to major Ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Woocommerce.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
- Pride in performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Familiar with back-end development languages including PHP & MySQL.
- Familiar with PHP-based framework Laravel.
- Experience with cloud technologies including VPS or AWS.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Have experience working with Shopify stores/Ecommerce stores.
- Have experience working at a global SaaS company.
- You act from an empathetic and conscientious position.
- You have a high threshold and stamina for challenges, with a deep reservoir of grit to tap into.
- You value action over debate, and always bias towards action.
- You love working in a team, and winning (or losing) as a team.
- You are passionate about shipping product that delights the customer.
- You don’t just problem solve, you problem find.
- You’re a good person.
- Competitive remuneration with scope to participate in our employee share scheme.
- Opportunity to fast track career progression with a fast growing international company.
- Flexible working arrangements - our team is fully remote currently.
- Great co-working space in Melbourne, Australia (in the CBD) with great coffee, social events, and amazing residents.
We're excited and grateful for your interest and application. This role is life-changing because we do things that have a huge impact both personally and at a world level. Strap on and enjoy the ride!
For more information about Syncio, see www.syncio.co.