Customer Service Lead
We are Karta. We’re an early stage, Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor focused on opening up a world of possibilities for businesses seeking simple, seamless, all-in-one payments. What does this mean? We take the complexity out of gift cards, providing new ways to connect merchants and consumers.
Our start-up is well funded, and as we scale, we are bringing together a collective of like-minded people. Our platform is scalable globally and bolstered by a multi-year strategic partnership with Mastercard. Recognising the opportunity, CommBank formed a new strategic partnership with Karta in October 2021. With groundbreaking technology that simplifies gift cards for consumers and businesses, we are now building our customer care hub here. Working closely with our Customer Service Manager, you know how to create an inspiring team culture. With your caring leadership style, and management experience, you are the contact point for your team.
As a Customer Service Lead you ensure smooth, collaborative team operations to ensure every customer interaction effectively solves the customer issue, complaint, or query.
You know how to make your people feel valued, and in turn they make every customer feel special. Most importantly, you always remain calm - no matter whether you are supporting your team with a frustrated customer, or the pressure is on to manage the volume.
What you will lead:
- The growth of the Customer Service team, from recruitment to onboarding, and creating a high performing team
- Setting team goals and delivering on these aspirations
- Managing the day-to-day team operations, delegating tasks and setting deadlines
- Providing guidance – you will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members daily
- Ensuring the team manage the customer touch points using our brand aligned tone of voice and scripts where required
- Monitoring team performance and reporting on metrics
- Exploring training needs and provide coaching
- Being the first point of contact for escalations, listening to team members’ feedback and resolving any issues or conflicts
- Recognising high performance and rewarding accomplishments
- Suggest and organise team building activities
- Frequently attending training and in house seminars/webinars to continually improve knowledge and performance
- Meeting personal/team qualitative and quantitative target
- Being an advocate. For Karta, for the product, for our people and for our values
What you can demonstrate:
- A proven track record in customer experience
- Proven work experience as a team leader in a call centre environment
- A passion for continually delivering and improving the customer experience
- In depth knowledge of performance metrics and reporting
- You are a high achiever with a track record for hitting the benchmarks
- Strong communication skills – you are an active listener, show empathy and are articulate, with your team and customers
- Resilience, you find ways to overcome challenges and high-pressure situations
- You thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- You enjoy sharing customer insights, or interesting learnings
- A degree in business, management or a relatable field is desirable
- Proven experience working in a fast-moving Company or fintech start up
- E-commerce, retail, financial services or payments experience is highly regarded
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You are able to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- You are a structured thinker, and use sound judgement to problem solve
- You are comfortable with ambiguity whilst working in an evolving environment
- You take accountability, living up to your commitments
- You know it’s not just what you deliver - you do things the right way, every time.
- You love making a difference to a customer – maybe even making their day!
To be successful in this application, you will work a rotational roster from 8am – 6pm Monday to Sunday, with weekends on rotation.
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty special! Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way. We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we face the usual growing pains. We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs’ work style and approach. We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.
We know that innovation thrives where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.