We believe in building incredible software that's affordable, easy to use, solves customer problems, and that our customers can try for free and buy themselves. We're inspired by companies like Atlassian, Canva, Datadog, and Slack who have built amazing products with incredibly sales-efficient businesses. This product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to hundreds of customers like Shopify, Boston Consulting Group, Square, VMware, GitLab, and more – all with a very small sales team.
Now, as a result of increase demand from our enterprise customers, we are looking to bring on a success-focused hire to support this growth by bringing a human-touch to the self-service model that has taken us to where we are today, and to support the needs of our enterprise customers as they adopt and expand their use of Dovetail within their organizations.
To learn more about the Dovetail journey, listen to this episode of Blackbird Ventures' Wild Hearts podcast.
As our first Customer Success Manager at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
- Manage 50-200 customer relationships. You'll manage relationships with our highest-value customers. 90% of our customers are not located in APAC, this role will involve some early morning and late evening calls to cater to our global customer-base. Some flexibility with working hours is required, however a lot these relationships can be managed asynchronously.
- Onboard new customers. You'll partner with sales to ensure our new customers are successfully onboarded and getting value from Dovetail in their first few months.
- Drive renewals and retention. Through your customer relationships you'll be responsible for ensuring that customers renew and increase the value they get from Dovetail over time.
- Foster account growth. You'll promote growth within your accounts by uncovering, scoping, and qualifying opportunities where customers can use more Dovetail features, products, and services.
- Develop success material. You'll collaborate with product marketing to develop material and resources to set new customers up for success and drive adoption and engagement in product.
- Track core customer metrics. You'll monitor and track core customer health metrics across your accounts such as feature usage and NPS to ensure healthy engagement and adoption.
- Establish success processes. You'll develop, test, and iterate on playbooks and engagement strategies with your counterparts in sales, marketing, and product to ensure activation and adoption of Dovetail within your accounts.
As our first Customer Success Manager, ideally you should have:
- Customer success experience. 2+ years experience working in a customer success, account management, or a strategic consulting role. It's a plus if you have experience in B2B SaaS, or in an industry/market adjacent to Dovetail.
- Proven track-record delivering impact. Some hands-on experience with scaled success, one-to-many initiatives, proven results impacting churn and contraction, and/or driving expansion and adoption.
- Passionate about customers. A passion for talking to and helping customers all day, every day, you're empathetic and seek to understand where customers are coming from.
- A great communicator. Excellent, concise communication so you can effectively communicate with customers and teammates.
- Problem solving comes naturally to you. The ability to switch contexts rapidly and quickly react to things throughout your day to solve problems for customers.
- Ambitious and keen to learn. Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn, improve your skills, and grow alongside an exciting startup as we scale our customer operations.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at an early-stage startup.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we pay salaries that can hold their own against big tech companies.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks equal parental leave.
- Floating public holiday leave. You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance, especially right now. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to work where you want, when you want.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Surry Hills. With free snacks, beer on tap and drinks, three different coffee machines, social areas, and a rooftop.
- TGIF events. Monthly company wide activities on Fridays for the whole team.
- Salary sacrifice. We have a salary sacrifice policy for work related items.
- Ergonomic office. Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces, to suit all kinds of working styles.
- Pet friendly office! We love dogs and often have dogs in the office.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year!