An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where every student has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and in so doing, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is a rare opportunity to support a critical function in a fast-growing mission-oriented start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We are looking for a Security Analyst to join our team and lead our Governance, Risk, and Compliance function, and to ensure that we grow Forage globally, we can meet rigorous standards for the customers and partners that we work with.
- Design, implement, and manage our company strategy and policies for GRC.
- Work directly with customers and prospective customers to advise on our security posture, investments and infrastructure, and complete infosec questionnaires, as part of sales and procurement processes.
- Work with the Product Delivery team to understand how the product can be improved to streamline the procurement processes, and meet security needs of customers.
- Manage security tools and training for the company, including working directly with vendors.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding processes for internal staff.
- Complete security and risk assessments and audits, including SOC2.
You have strong experience in governance, risk, and compliance, including solid understanding of compliance frameworks such as ISO 27000 and SOC 2, and security and privacy principles.
You are experienced in working with customers, vendors, and internal staff. You enjoy building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, and can communicate clearly and influence at different levels. You understand how security impacts all areas of the organization.
You are well organised, and can take ownership of your area and work autonomously. You can manage trade offs, and manage projects involving both internal and external people.
You are comfortable working in a constantly changing environment and like continuous learning on the job.
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- Equity compensation plan.
- Home office setup stipend.
- Access to office space in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Flexible parental leave policy.
- 20 days of paid vacation leave.
- Access to employee assistance program and professional development fund for all full-time and part-time employees.
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective and you like being creative. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!