Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Design new algorithms or develop adaptions to existing algorithms to improve target detection and estimation performance in a real-time system.
- Analyse and optimise efficiency of algorithms to meet capabilities of the processing hardware.
- Devise and carry out relevant experiments and analyse resulting data.
- Work collaboratively with firmware engineers to verify algorithm implementations.
- Work with firmware, systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues.
- Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Electrical & Electronics engineering, computer science, software engineering, mechatronics engineering, mathematics or equivalent quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of algorithm development, sensor signal processing, DSP or machine learning related work
- Implementation experience of algorithms on embedded / target platforms eg. FPGA, DSP
- Proven ability to turn ideas and algorithms into deployed product
- Signal Processing product experience in areas like radar, sonar, audio, medical, automotive, AI, DSP, image processing…
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: statistical signal detection and estimation algorithms, digital filters (FIR, IIR, Kalman, adaptive, STFT), Bayesian inference (ML, MAP), optimisation methods (linear/quadratic programming, gradient decent, genetic algorithm)
- Experience with Python, C++ for numerical computation and modelling
- Ability to design, implement and test algorithms for a real-time environment
- Resolve complex problems with efficient designs and implementations
- Passionate about signal processing and machine learning for autonomous systems
- Professional, customer-focussed attitude
- Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail)
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!