At Mindset Health, our mission is to empower millions of people to use their mind to improve their health. We're building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and engaging. We make clinically validated hypnotherapy programs accessible to millions of people from their phones. Since launch in 2018, we've helped thousands of people improve their health & lives. We've now just raised a fundraising round after finishing Y Combinator, and are starting our next phase of growth and development.
This is where you come in.
Content writing is the backbone of Mindset Health, from the educational readings within the programs to the blogs driving SEO and the copy on our ads. We're looking for a self-starter creative person who wants to apply their knowledge and understanding of health sciences to help people live happier, more productive lives. You'll lead the content writing process, helping to craft engaging and consumable content across each aspect of the business.
Why join Mindset Health?
- Write content that influences the lives of tens of thousands of people (see our reviews), making a real and measurable difference.
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest-growing startups in Australia (still growing during the current climate)
- With an extremely high hiring bar, you'll join a diverse team coming from Y Combinator, McKinsey, Brosa, Atlassian, and more.
- The chance to join early and set the tone for our content team: the processes, the style, the people, the strategy.
- We're funded by YC and other prominent Silicon Valley investors, so we have stable funding position
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
Who we're looking for
- Knowledge and understanding of the health sciences and the ability to translate complex health information into easily-digestible content
- Ability to learn quickly. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
- The ability to self-start given only a high-level direction and work autonomously to deliver great software at a very high throughput.
- Fast execution: You have a bias for action and a preference to get things done.
- A bit of flair: You can write in a distinctive and super-engaging voice which reflects the approachable, evidence-based outlook of the company.
- Helping to keep our craft our writing style and keep it consistent across mobile apps, web, email, advertising copy & more
- Producing high-quality health content based on science but read by the general public. Content includes the educational readings within each mobile app, lifestyle articles centered on medical topics, blog-style articles on topics of personal interest, expert interviews, and reporting on health news
- Writing SEO optimised content to help drive readers to the site
- Researching topics in-depth by primarily relying on scholarly resources for information
- Writing original copy while translating complex health information into easily-digestible & engaging content
- Properly citing all material
- Identifying opportunities to include graphics, illustrations, video content, and interactive content into material and working with other members of the team to make it happen
- Systematically reviewing older content to ensure it's consistent with our style & viewpoint
- Helping to write copy for digital ads & landing pages
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in medical/health journalism including medical/health writing, medical podcasting, and medical video production.
- Ability to communicate complex health and medical information to the lay public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at learning new technology
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with many things happening at once
- Able to work full-time in our Melbourne office in the future
Nice to have
- A degree in a medically-related field (e.g. biomedical science, MD, BPsych)
- Experience with copywriting as well as content writing
- Experience with search engine optimisation