We’re looking for Frontend Engineers to join our software development team at the Mid and Senior level. You will be deeply involved in the design, building and evolution of our award-winning service. We work in small, cross functional teams, combining design, front-end, back-end, QA and devops. You’ll be bringing your experience to bear, helping to build upon a can-do culture and sharing your knowledge amongst the team.
Your ticket to success:
- Inspire others. You take great pride in your work, have an eye for detail and inspire others to do the same. You are able to manage design, seeking the team’s input and celebrate your shared success. You coach and mentor junior members of the team, peer-reviewing their work and supporting their development by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Design with quality.. You are able to take a step back from the details and seek to understand the bigger picture, and drive appropriate architecture and technology choices. The quality of your work is at the highest level and you’re able to review others work to ensure it is of the same calabour
- Collaborate. You are an active participant in our regular scrum rituals. You communicate well and are able to work harmoniously alongside both product, other engineers, and QA - identifying areas for automation and supporting testing when required.
- Be proactive. Your input and innovation is vital to ensure continuous improvement. You proactively identify areas that need modifying / could be improved across the service and technology stack and drive improvements.
- Be an advocate. For Frankie, for our product, and for our values.
In a previous life you have:
- 4-5 years experience in software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Minimum of 1 year working with Typescript
- At least 2 years building consumer-facing services in reactive JS frameworks such as Vue or React (we use Vue and starting to use React and React Native)
- Developed a deep understanding of HTML5, ES6, CSS3/Sass and other front-end technologies
- Built solid experience in using testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress.
- Developed a good understanding of responsive design concepts
- Experience in designing, building, and consuming RESTful APIs with JSON payloads
- Experience with back-end oriented languages, such as Golang, Java or other JVM based language
- Exposure to DevOps practices
- Used Docker to containerise your work
- Exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines.