Title: Senior Software Engineer
Global success requires collaboration among a like-minded community of people. With our team of energetic, savvy, and passionate individuals, Finder is committed to guiding our audience through complex decisions. Every day we help people save money, get better rewards, and learn something new.
We have expanded around the globe and our crew of 600+ is now operating in offices across Sydney, New York, London, Toronto, Manila, and Wroclaw. Finder continues to forge a global presence with the vision of becoming the world’s go-to destination for comparison– helping people make better, more informed decisions.
Achieving our mission of changing the way the world makes decisions requires a diverse mix of curious, driven, and innovative people. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, continually striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment where our people feel a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic selves to work.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work across all teams to champion and deliver a code quality that is high, and that each engineer is developing professionally. Your success will not be based solely on your output but will include the performance of those around you. You are extremely collaborative, an accomplished mentor and coach, with a positive outlook and strong communication skills.
- Identifying, improving and automating team processes and workflows
- Interviewing and recruiting new team members
- Championing and embodying great software engineering principles to deliver a better experience for our users and an engaging technology-led engineering environment.
- Embody, demonstrate and reinforce our company values while embodying Finder’s engineering principles and execution.
- Quality and timely delivery of squad’s results-focused output
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to see and create efficient and scalable solutions
Desired Skills & Experience:
We realise that everybody’s experience is unique and we value potential and attitude over experience and so not all of these are necessarily required:
- Web3.0 / Crypto-currency passion and/or experience
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of Software Engineers, Product Managers and Designers are based remotely in different time zones.
- Experience and ability to perform DevOps work when required including monitoring, alerting and support.
- Software and Systems Architecture and solution design.
- Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery practices.
Nice to have:
- DevOps and networking experience, including monitoring, alerting and support.
- Effective branching and merging techniques such as GitFlow and Trunk-Based
- Experience with message queues, event processing and event sourcing
- Demonstrable security, regulation, compliance and auditing expertise.
- High performance, low latency computing on massive use, global scale platforms
- Some experience with teams, team members and stakeholders working in different timezones (though it is not expected to be a core requirement of this role).
Not many people have been trained for this sort of role. Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they feel that they haven’t satisfied every requirement. If you aren’t sure, but like the sound of who we are and what we are doing, apply: we can work out together if this is where you will shine.