We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 12 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
Senior Manager, SMB Business Development will be required to develop a clear category strategy and offering and implement a focused sales plan and build the right team to deliver extraordinary results.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
Understanding and developing your category-based value propositions and solutions
- Develop deeper understanding of category specific value propositions
- Decide priority client focus, aligned to consumer segmentation
- Work with Sales Enablement team to develop pitches and sales tools
- Work with Product team to create scalable category-based solutions
- Ensure sales team are trained and competent in delivering Zip messages
Growing Zips merchant portfolio
- Grow the pipeline of merchants aligned to your category
- Engage in industry events to build advocacy and awareness
- Develop mid-market and SMB plans and manage inbound/outbound activities
- Develop and manage Zip channel sales approach and partner
- Work with Merchant Growth team to seamlessly hand over accounts
Driving efficiency with salesforce performance and reporting
- Develop and agree accurate financial forecasts with Finance
- Manage sales teams targets and commission structures
- Drive sales discipline and robust processes from lead to live
- Create and present sale team performance to executive team
- Recommend changes to sales team structures to optimise outcomes
Driving On-boarding and Integration
- Manage relationships with key channel partners to increase referral business
- Supporting enterprise merchants with bespoke integrations to optimise checkout experiences
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between business development and merchant success team
People leadership, resource & succession planning, Sales culture
- Lead, listen, motivate and coach your team
- Develop strong succession plans and growth opportunities for sales professionals
- Retain and grow our best talent with programmatic approach
We’re proud to be a values-led business. Our values form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better today than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a variety of perks and benefits to support you at both work and home. Here’s a taste of what you can expect!
● Flexible working culture
● Share incentive programs
● Generous paid parental leave
● Leading family support policies
● Paid birthday and volunteering leave
● Mental health and wellbeing program
● Virtual yoga and meditation classes
● Epic office with a casual dress code
● Fun team with high-growth hustle
● Remote working allowance
● Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.