Employment Hero is an Australian SaaS start-up. Our platform is the easiest way for small to medium businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement and benefits. We’re on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding for everyone, whilst being a remote first workplace with global ambitions!
We like to think of ourselves as a dynamic business that challenges the status quo and sets the benchmark for others to follow. You'll be part of an open, team-oriented and rewards-based culture where your input is encouraged and your success is rewarded!
We're on the lookout for a standout Data Analyst to complement our existing team and fulfil our product strategy. Reporting to our Business Operations Manager, you will be an integral part of our Business Intelligence unit to deliver key data insights and database management for all departments across Employment Hero.
- Build performance reports and dashboards for key business metrics, including the health of our product and other primary indicators
- Produce insights rapidly & periodically so teams can act on it with minimal lag
- Produce custom deep-dive analysis outside the periodic insights process
- Undertake research, development and implementation of reporting processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
- Collect, cleanse and merge data sets to present holistic views of user behaviour and trends to deepen our understanding of our customers
- Define requirements for ad hoc and structured reports for business audiences that have limited exposure to BI capabilities
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to report analytics
- Have strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Data Analyst delivering analytical and data solutions
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Advanced SQL skills and the ability to wrangle potentially unruly data from multiple systems
- Experience in creating engaging dashboards and data visualisations
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of reporting packages and programming within ETL frameworks
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Someone who brings a customer focus and can work with our UX team to combine qualitative findings with their quantitative insights
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Experience using Sisense or Periscope Data is a bonus!
- Self, health, wealth, happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
**When COVID restrictions lift, for those who come to our Hub to work:
- Friday drinks in our fancy in-office bar
- Daily breakfast & lunch
- Lunchtime personal training sessions