Product Management, a role which used to be all about on-time delivery, kanban and agile delivery has naturally evolved into a space, where guess what; it’s all about the customer. True, these frameworks are still really important, yet we are pretty damn stoked to introduce to you a product role that is all about finding places of friction, and building scalable products and features that meet the goals of 99designs, and our partners - helping them build and scale their own unique marketplaces.
A little bit about this opportunity
Well, I am going to lead strong here; there are not many opportunities in product management quite like this one. Why? Well, there aren’t too many where you get to work with the likes of Amazon, Facebook [oops sorry I mean Meta], Square, Squarespace - helping them increase their value. This role is all about driving business growth through product development of partner APIs, expanding partner capabilities, and supporting existing partner offerings and marketplaces.
So looking for a role with real impact? This is it.
99designs' platform is accessed by millions of entrepreneurs and creators around the world. Working within a cross-functional team including the product designer, tech lead, user research, and data analyst you will help to define and drive a scalable partner strategy and capabilities.
You’ll work directly with key strategic partners; building and deepening relationships to further enable partners to not only further leverage all that 99designs by Vista has to offer but also take greater control over building their own marketplace experiences.
Together with your team, you’ll identify and decide on the highest impact initiatives for the squad quarterly OKRs. You’ll hone in on specific problems, form hypotheses, run experiments and measure results to move the needle and unlock scalable partner capabilities and growth. This is an opportunity to search out places of friction and build scalable products and features to meet the goals of both 99d, our partners as well as the broader Vista platform.
A little bit about you
The nexus between design, engineering and the customer; you are empathetic to alternate perspectives and can bring a good calming presence mixed with an ambitious imagination and drive to discover and create new opportunities. A human with a solid product management experience, you are curious by nature and possess a passion for diving head first into understanding 99designs’ partners and how they can leverage the platform in order to grow and expand their marketplaces.
You’re an analytical problem solver who can listen, with the ability to build, and balance relationships with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders in pursuit of positive outcomes.
A little bit about 99designs
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
As 99d continues to scale, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Think paid R&D days, courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 + annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, you'll be supported to do your thang.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (we don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining us. We also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
Sound interesting? Apply, say hi! We'd love to chat