Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you think you’ll do some great things, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
About the role
Our Financial Assistance team works closely with our customers experiencing financial hardship to assist and resolve this impact in their lives. As a Financial Assistance Officer (Hardship), you will focus on assessing requests for assistance and working through solutions to provide the best outcomes.
By actively working with our customers, you will be vital in identifying and implementing measures to assist them as much as possible to
ensure they are supported.
Key responsibilities include:
* Contacting customers in arrears via inbound/outbound calls and emails and setting up and managing payment arrangements.
* Assessing customers' hardship application and financial position by reviewing their income, expenses and change of circumstances to determine suitable arrangements.
* Supporting our customers post their hardship period to find suitable arrangements to ensure the customers can maintain their required loan repayments.
* Liaising closely with third-party debt negotiators and financial counsellors representing our customers, ensuring proposals have our customer's best interests in mind.
* Ensuring hardship processes are performed within relevant policies and guidelines.
With a strong background in financial assistance where you put the customer at the forefront of all you do, you love problem-solving and finding solutions. You will have an empathetic nature with the ability to manage difficult conversations. Ideally, you would have experience working in a financial services environment or a high interest in finance.
You’ll also have:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong dispute handling and resolution skills, you love being able to find a solution to a problem.
* Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the National Consumer Credit Protection Act and Australian Privacy Principles.
* Experience working within a similar role within hardship preferred.
* Comfortable using the MS Office suite and Google services.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, driving results while balancing customer needs.
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
* Flexible and hybrid working
* $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
* Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
* Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your mum)
* Employee share incentive programmes
* Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
* Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
* Table tennis and regular tournaments
* Arcade machine & massage pod
* Regular social events and awesome team offsites
* It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.