At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
Spaceship’s investment philosophy is to invest in “Where the World is Going” (WWG) - a growth, benchmark unaware approach focused on trends such as e-commerce, clean energy, cloud computing, fintech and healthcare.
If investing ‘Where the World is Going’ interests you, we’re looking for an investment analyst to:
- Take responsibility for research coverage of trends and global stocks - this includes undertaking detailed company analysis (as well as financial modelling), meeting with company management, top down industry/theme analysis and ultimately making stock recommendations for our actively managed portfolios.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance and oversight of daily, weekly and monthly investment processes, including trading, corporate actions, proxy voting, generating meeting packs, reporting for quarterly Investment Committee meetings and completing data requests from internal stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with service providers, including external brokers, custodian, data providers, investment operations and internal stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A passion for financial markets and investing.
- Analytical and research skills, including financial modelling and an ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding work ethic and the ability to work autonomously, taking on additional responsibilities as required.
- Degree qualifications with a strong academic record - CFA or working towards a CFA is favourable.
- An interest in fintech with 1-3 years of experience.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Working from home allowance.