We are looking for a skilled Front End Web Developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our company. You will be working closely with our Director of Digital & Organic and the Global Marketing team, playing a key role in creating, maintaining, and updating our Marketing website.
The highest priority of this role is to contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of our Marketing website (https://www.practiceignition.com), bringing to life our website experience and strategic initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build new front-end functionality
- Code and test high-quality corporate websites
- Consult with team to identify user and system requirements for websites
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Define and setup fields to support content within Craft CMS
- Integrate tools using third party APIs
- Document changes to systems and processes
- Help to direct front end development
- Conversion of wireframes and mock-ups into fully functioning web applications
- Implementing the structure and design of web page sections.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Ensuring web design is optimised for smartphones.
- Automating tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Supporting validation and verification testing
- Utilising a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
- Delivery of cross-browser compatibility for the platform
- Creation and maintenance of software documentation
- Optimising web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Building high quality, clean, efficient, and reusable code for future use.
- Collaborating with internal teams including other developers, product leads and client-facing employees
- Communicating design ideas and approaches to enhancing the platform
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Collaborating with vendors to fix and improve products
- Developing tools and applications by producing clean and efficient code
- Contributing to and developing high-quality software design and architecture
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Developing front-end functionality and assisting the head developer
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
- Not mandatory but welcomed - a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Long term experience with a single project or proven experience as a contractor
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Experience must include:
- Proven experience contributing to web development projects
- Building complex websites using Craft CMS
- Expert knowledge of modern HTML, CSS
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with templating systems such as TWIG and front end libraries
- Front end build systems and tooling (Gulp, Webpack, Yarn, Pre-processors)
- Works with Mac OS
Bonus if you have knowledge with:
- Basic knowledge of SEO and CRO
- Visual or user experience design
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL & Redis
- PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony)
- Web dev admin (Docker, Ubuntu, NGINX, Git, Heroku, etc.)
- Implementation of front-end testing frameworks
Who we are:
Practice Ignition is a platform that onboards, manages, communicates, bills and provides client insights for the professional services industry. Currently focusing on the accounting sector, Practice Ignition has recently passed a significant paying customer milestone and late last year closed our second round of external investment. We have a significant amount of runway and are in a strong and profitable position.
One of our long term goals is to see Practice Ignition become the central platform that enables cloud accounting practices. We aim to be the platform that links sales, to payments and remove/reduce the administrative processes involved with interacting with your accountant or financial advisor. As much as we’re focused on automating administration and processes within these businesses, it’s the clients that we ultimately aim to engage.
We’re looking for smart, talented and experienced team members that can take ownership, articulate their point of view and back their opinions with a well researched and knowledgeable stance. The role is for someone with a Front-end focus but everyone on the team is comfortable writing clean, modular and scalable code for both sides of the stack.
How We Work
- Distributed team
- Continuous Delivery
- Code Reviews
- Spark Projects
Who you are
- Curiosity to develop knowledge of a variety of programming languages and frameworks.
- Someone who can engage in robust and articulate dialogue while maintaining an open mind.
- There’s an unshakeable desire to write testable and well tested code.
- A skilful and dependable person who recognises that there is always more to learn.
- A sense of humour, and the ability to focus yet still have a laugh in high pressure situations.
- A pragmatic, objective thinker who can weigh up options based on requirements, best fit and maturity of technology.
We are better everyday
We work without ego
We are smarter together
We hero our customer
Key Internal relationships
Director of Digital & Organic, Marketing Team, Product and Engineering Development teams, Frontend and Backend Developers, Product Managers, Customer facing teams.
Send an email with your Github account, resume, website or anything else you're proud of.