We’re Maropost, Canada’s 4th fastest growing tech company as named by Profit 500! Our Software as a Service Marketing Cloud technology provides organisations with a single platform to connect with customers via marketing automation, mass and transactional email, social media, mobile messaging, landing pages, and ecommerce.
Our platform is used and trusted by thousands of brands worldwide to maximise their revenue. Our Australian-based unified ecommerce platform, Maropost Commerce Cloud, empowers thousands of B2B and multi-channel ecommerce businesses, big and small, to achieve more. From online stores, POS terminals and marketplace connections, to inventory, order management and shipping, our all-in-one platform connects it all.
We’re on a mission to build the most technically advanced marketing & ecommerce platform in the world coupled with unsurpassed customer service and support. Find out more about what we do and the customers we work with at www.netohq.com and www.maropost.com
We are looking for a user centric designer to join our UX Team in Australia.
About the Position
The User Experience Designer will report into Manager, User Experience and help us revolutionize our world-class marketing, ecommerce and service products. We’re looking for an analytical design thinker who is ready to help us achieve new heights, and has a passion for creating, designing, and delivering cutting edge user interfaces, someone who wants to work with a dynamic, collaborative team.
- Apply innovative approaches to solve human problems and bring clarity to complex design challenges.
- Ensure design solutions help achieve product, marketing, and business goals.
- Take ownership of projects from initiation through planning, requirements, implementation, and post-implementation reviews.
- Work on end-to-end design process including research, user validation and high-fidelity designs.
- Identify potential obstacles, scope changes or other impacts on deliverables and proactively communicate those impediments to the team.
- Brainstorm creative concepts, sketch original design ideas, explore user flows, and iterate based on a variety of internal/external feedback and inputs.
- Conduct, observe and analyse usability testing sessions.
- Keep up to date on best practices, competitor UI designs and emerging technologies.
- Self-manage and organize assigned work within given timelines and budgets.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills to effectively communicate your designs to the engineering team and other key stakeholders.
- Embrace and contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability.
- Strong knowledge of visual design principles, UI patterns, layout and execution for mobile and desktop platforms and related technologies.
What you'll need to bring to Maropost
- 3+ years experience
- Degree in Graphic Design or UI/UX Design discipline or equivalent education / experience
- Experience with creation of visual aids such as wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, user flows, process flows and site maps, to plan and present user interface design
- Experience with creating and managing style sheets
- Solid knowledge of designing experiences for web apps, desktop and mobile platforms
- Proficiency using various industry-standard tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe XD, inVision, etc.)
- Portfolio that clearly narrates your design thinking, choices, process, and execution style • Self-motivated and service-oriented, a self-starter
- Multi-tasker with has positive energy and attitude to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Creative, technical, and analytical skills, someone who is able to assess alternatives, risks and benefits with attention to detail
- Team player who is able work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (technical and non-technical partners or team members)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll not only have the freedom to make this role your own but be part of helping grow the Maropost Commerce Cloud product and expand it into the North American market. If you want to work with other brilliant people in an extraordinary work culture and are eager to learn (and have fun) along the way, then Maropost is the place for you!
You’ll also have access to these perks:
- Full flexibility to set your hours and work from home, our Brisbane office or wherever in Australia makes you happy
- Wear what you want, every day is casual day
- Paid study leave
- An active social club with regular events
- A free Maropost Commerce Cloud store to live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Discounted health insurance
- A focus on Health and Wellness
- Office Espresso and Friday beers
If it sounds to you like we’d be a match, we’d love to meet you! Apply today with a cover letter, resume and examples of previous work.
Applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Individuals seeking employment at Maropost are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.