We're looking for our next Product Design Lead to help us build Sendle products that truly make a difference to our customers' lives. Is that you? Then you're invited to join our fast-growing Product Design team at Sendle - one that celebrates collaboration, problem-solving, trust and learning.
A bit about us
We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and the United States. In short: we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses. Sendle is a fast-growing business with bold ambitions and big dreams. We envision a world where small businesses can compete on a level playing field. We’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to a successful launch and operation in the US. We're also proud to have major partnerships with eBay and Shopify too! Our work has a real impact on many small businesses: our platform and systems are helping real-world businesses deliver real parcels to their customers.
About the team
We're a friendly and curious bunch who like to have a laugh while getting the job done. We are supportive of each other and value collaboration and feedback. Even though we are embedded in cross-functional teams, we find the time to come together to align, discuss our work and connect as people. Some of the tools we use include Sketch, Miro and Notion. The team is also 100% remote, spread out from Brisbane to Hobart. If you live in Sydney, we do have access to a co-working space, if you prefer to mix it up a bit.
How you’ll spend your time
As a Product Design Lead, you'll have an active role in the longer-term product strategy, as well as being responsible for being the voice of design – and the champion of the customer – within your area of focus.
This is a hands-on role, where you will work closely with the Product Manager, Lead Engineer and UX Writer on your team to scope, shape, design and deliver elegant product experiences for our customers. You will also work with our UX Research and Analytics teams to better understand our customers and how they use our product.
You'll develop a deep understanding of the wider Sendle ecosystem and will approach your work with a holistic mindset. You'll also be able to explain why and how the solutions will impact both the business and our customers.
As a lead, you will be expected to engage and mentor other team members by sharing your knowledge and understanding of the product and design. This will be done in collaborative sessions with the wider design team where we work on the product vision, shared patterns and discuss best practices.
Let’s talk about you
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has proven experience in tackling new and complex problems, and who is comfortable leading and shaping the design solution while working closely with Product Managers and Engineers.
- Has a strong understanding of systems and is able to approach problem-solving with a system mindset (understanding how the pieces interrelate, how they work overtime and exist within the larger system).
- Can get into the mind of our customers, and uses empathy to design a service that makes their lives easier. They can also frame that solution in the context of our broader business goals and team.
- Takes ownership over their area of work, and is referred to as the subject matter expert in that field.
- Has an eye for detail and is pragmatic in their approach to crafting solutions, always aiming to find the sweet spot between what's perfect and what's good enough.
- Prefers to manage projects over people, but is open to sharing knowledge and mentoring other members of the team.
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking and shows a high bar for designing clean, elegant, and usable designs.
- Values collaboration and feedback as much as we do, is humble enough to listen, yet confident enough to ask questions and participate in the debate of ideas.
- Has mastered the art of communication in a remote working environment. Can easily articulate their thinking and process while effectively engaging and driving collaboration in cross-functional teams.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changeable environment. Enjoys taking on new experiences and overcoming complex challenges in first-time conditions.
What we’re offering
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative/creative/supportive team
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia / New Zealand
- EAP access for you and your immediate family
- Options through participation in Sendle’s ESOP
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
Legally, we need you to know this
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
But it’s important to us that you know this
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better outcomes. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.