At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a People Operations Specialist, you will support the People function as it strives for its mission of making Spaceship THE best place to work. To achieve this, we aspire to world-class hiring standards, and an approach to people operations intended to drive high levels of employee performance, engagement and retention.
This is an entry level position that will be highly varied in nature. Reporting to the Chief of People, you will support a range of activity including:
- Managing the Sydney CBD office.
- Coordinating hiring processes.
- Supporting employer branding initiatives.
- Coordinating employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Systems administration and management of employee assets/hardware.
- Managing employee records.
- Supporting cyclical people processes including performance appraisals and engagement surveys.
- Developing and promoting learning and development programs, while helping to instil a culture of continuous feedback and celebration of success.
- Curating the weekly ‘Town Hall’ company event backlog.
- Assisting in company event organisation.
- Researching what other companies are doing to ensure Spaceship operates at the forefront of trends in People, Culture and Talent.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building a career in People, Culture and Talent, and the role these play in building a wonderful business and enabling it to thrive.
You will be:
- Detail-oriented and highly organised.
- A curious learner.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly structure your thinking in written form.
- A logical thinker.
- Emotionally intelligent, combined with self-awareness and humility.
- Driven, and keen to be in a role where taking initiative is encouraged.
- Interested in technology and/or financial markets.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office (though for this role, there will be an expectation to be in the office 3x a week).
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Working from home allowance.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $70m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.