At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Planners are an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. They analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
About this role...
- Manages the BUB process, working collaboratively with Buying to achieve deadlines. Ensures the brand strategy aligns with department strategy
- Communicates confidently to senior management regarding department performance and strategy
- Uses their influence and knowledge to its potential
- Works well under pressure and manages workload. Communicates calmly under pressure
- Manages a WSSI, owns the forecasting and presents in reforecast meetings
- Manages direct reports (dependant on team structure) workload and priorities, meeting both specific planning and department deadlines. Keeps manager informed of position and progress
- Conducts in depth competitor shops and market analysis. Presents findings and draws conclusions and actions from this analysis
- Actively looks for ways to improve current processes, gives input with regards to system improvements
- Manages and develops a team (dependant on team structure) confidently and objectively
- Supports junior team members in their development, ensuring that regular contact is maintained and that learning plans are amended as skills develop and grow
- Works with Buying counterpart to develop and implement a department strategy to drive sales and maximize profit. Develops a mid term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department
- Reviews in season and postseason performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on, grow and decline
- Understands the key focus for the business and the overall strategy for Category Management
- Ensures system coding/ attributing is reflective of the range and gives insight into performance.
Collaborates with buying to trial new categories, products and brands
- Regularly monitors brands at a Indent/ Hybrid/ Marketplace level and makes recommendations for change based on performance
- Develops a mid-term strategy for the department, starts to think beyond current season and planning season
- Identifying and monitoring floors and corners across both branded and private label business to reduce cannibalization.
- Suggests new approaches and strategies to their line manager, strives for continuous improvement. Utilises all tools and peers to develop ways to move the business forward
- Actively manages department concerns alongside identifying new opportunities
- Mitigates risk by identifying problem areas and having bias for action
- Works with Buying counterpart to manage the critical path where appropriate. Encourages team to use the critical path
- You have a thorough understanding of systems, merchandising processes and tasks, with an approach of best practice.
- A proactive attitude, always looking to improve processes or bring increased efficiencies to your work.
- Confident communicator with the ability to adapt your style depending on your audience.
- A true team player with experience mentoring or training junior team mates
- Works well under pressure and able to manage changing priorities in your workload
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of systems and processes and internal/external impacts on them
- Has an excellent understanding of retail math and Excel
- Understands how a WSSI works and how it is used to keep track of department KPIs.
- Uses the WSSI to review STD trade and identify any concerns/anomalies with the forecast by reviewing the BTA. Suggests actions to keep trade on track to achieve/ exceed KPIs
- Embodies our ICONIC Principles
Location and Key Extras
This role is usually based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.