Who we are:
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
We are looking for talented engineers of all levels to join our Software Engineering team. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about quality engineering and building simple solutions that are scalable, reliable and extensible.
You will be expected to apply your engineering, problem-solving and team work skills to execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with a number of product teams to help translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, and collaborating with your fellow engineers.
We value craftsmanship and are passionate about quality and thoughtful engineering. We are fans of pair programming, open communication, and continuous improvement. And we are serious about testing and code coverage. We learn from each other, and we get the job done.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve code that solves real world problems
- Own complex product features end to end - with a focus on impact with customers
- Manage priorites, deadlines and deliverables
- Operate with autonomy in solving problem
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver new products
- Create fast, scalable and easy to use applications
- Build libraries and frameworks that others can use
- Take responsibility for system health and CI/CD pipeline
- Support and mentor other engineers on best practices, architecture, and quality
- AWS certification
- Nodejs ecosystems and backend stack (expressjs, nestjs, jest)
Requirement and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience, or 4 years with an advanced degree, in commercial software development experience designing, building and operating distributed systems.
- Experience in any of the following: web/mobile application development, distributed/parallel systems, data strcutres, algorithms, information retrieval, systems/security software development, CI/CD pipelines and automation
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Strong background in designing and building high-throughput low-latency distributed systems. Your proposals are backed by cost analysis. Trade-offs you make are explicit and you can always lay out assumptions that your decisions are based on.
- Solid experience with a major cloud provider (preferably AWS).
- Excellent communication skills in English - you can explain complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- DevOps mindset. At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to systems alerts should they arise.
- Agile practitioner. ""Agile"" is not just a buzzword for you. You know how to work in an agile team towards a common goal.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- A willingness and comfort communicating remotely through chat, docs, video calls, and other collaborative online tools
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field preferred
- Force for Good. We actively invest in the growth of our people and strengthening of our communities. Our NY Office is 100% vaccinated to keep our employees and community safe and healthy. This includes all Rokt’stars, clients, contractors, vendors and suppliers who will be onsite at the Rokt New York Office.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in our pet-friendly office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.