- Flexible work environment - winner of 2021 HRNZ Award for innovation
- Location flexibility within NZ - offices in Christchurch, Auckland, & Dunedin with remote working options
- Working with one of Australia's leading insurers
- Closing date - Tuesday 5 July
ABOUT THE ROLE
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join our growing dedicated BA team. You will be working initially with one of our largest clients, one of Australia's leading insurers who are on a growth journey.
In this role you will be using your investigative skills to identify solutions that ensure our delivery teams are building the right product to meet our client’s needs. You will use your strong collaboration and technical skills to continuously engage with stakeholders throughout the development process.
Relationship building and communication are going to be two of your key strengths. Why you ask? Well, this role will have you working closely with our clients; conveying their vision and goals to make sure we are continually adding value – so it is important you get along with them (partnerships are important to us at Jade).
You will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with a range of stakeholders including product owners, UX, development teams and managers in an Agile environment, so strong commercial skills will be essential.
At Jade, our 2021 HRINZ Award wining Hybrid Way of Working enables our people the flexibility to combine working from home with connection days in the office. Our people love coming to work because we are always working on something innovative and inspiring, and we can’t wait for more people like you to join us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting investigative work to determine client business requirements, problems, and opportunities
- Analysing information and creating suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes
- Producing appropriate supporting artefacts to document analysis
- Decomposing high level requirements into user stories to effectively communicate client business requirements to the development team
- Collaborating with the development team (including fellow BA’s) and client to iterate and develop the requirements and contribute to system interrogation and design.
- Owning the project requirements ensuring they reflect the current state of the project
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand and resolve requirements of the development process
- Working with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the product provided
- Appropriately escalating client or development requirements to find resolution
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant, you will be provided with on the job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package, including a number of first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance, and subsidised broadband
As the successful candidate we would like you to bring:
- Proven relevant experience in an analytics and systems development capacity
- Proven problem diagnosis, analytical abilities, and investigation skills
- Practical experience generating process documentation and reports
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- A well-rounded toolkit of facilitation skills
- Strong collaboration skills and a team-focused approach
- Customer service focus, with strong relationship-building skills
- Familiarity with agile delivery methodologies and the ability to articulate the differences in the approaches, tools, responsibilities and deliverables as a business analyst in either methodology.
People first. Live for the future. Dare to be different. These three values underpin everything we do at Jade. We never lose sight of people, their potential, and the innovative ways they can achieve that potential through technology.
Our commitment to our customers’ future success defines us. Through passionate employees like you, we’re always looking for new ways of combining the power of People, Data, and Software, to make technology meaningful and accessible. This approach enables our customers to evolve in the fields of customer engagement, retention, and business efficiency.
Our people love coming to work because we’re always working on something innovative and inspiring, and we can’t wait for more people like you to join us.
To view a Position Description for this role Position Description - click here