- Start-up backed by Tier 1 Venture Capital firms in the US and ANZ
- From scratch, participate in the re-design of the architecture in C#
- Make your mark by implementing best practices
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We’re looking for a C# Software Developer - Manufacturing Systems to participate in the design, development and integration of test, measurement, and calibration systems for a LiDAR manufacturing line; with the view of scaling up our production capacity to industrial levels.
The role reports into our Team Lead in our Advanced Manufacturing team.
The core responsibilities of the role are to:
- Automate hardware test rigs
- Develop robust software with appropriate error handling
- Design clear and simple UX / UI for manufacturing / production using WPF
- Communicate with key stake holders to elicit clear specifications.
The primary focus is to get our existing LabVIEW infrastructure ready for a migration into .NET. This will take the following roadmap:
- Establish best practices
We work in an Agile (i.e. SCRUM, Kanban) fashion where multi-disciplinary squads are formed from tribes. This includes:
- Phase & Gate process (e.g. PDR, DDR, CDR, etc)
- Design Thinking (e.g. Viability, Feasibility, Usability, etc)
You’ll take the team to the next level up by introducing the following:
- Coding principles (e.g. S.O.L.I.D., Clean code, DRY, Documentation, etc)
- Coding methodologies (e.g. TDD, DDD, BDD, etc)
- Design patterns (e.g. Dependency injection, Factory, Singleton, etc)
- CI / CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery)
- Collaboratively upskill the team
- Inclusively act as the Subject Matter Expert in C#
- Leverage our internal training platform and support learning by sharing your knowledge
- Considerate about individual levels of proficiency, suggest on-the-job training formats (e.g. mentoring, brown bag session, project based work)
- Pave the way to migration
In consultation with our Team Lead and Senior Manufacturing Systems Engineer, you’ll help with the following:
- Our code base is developed in LabVIEW. Starting from scratch, you’ll participate in the design and implementation of the new architecture
- Commit to improving the framework
- Conduct the migration to the .NET environment
Your Skills & Experience
You have commercial experience in .NET and team mentorship or training (e.g. being an instructor at General Assembly, Udemy, running your own YouTube channel, etc). This includes the following:
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation)
- Versioning (e.g. Git Source Control, Bitbucket, Apache Subversion, CodeCommit, etc)
- Modeling by producing flow charts and diagrams (e.g. UML, Lucidchart, Draw.io, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- You hold a current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis.
Ideally, you’d have experience in the following:
- LabVIEW integrated development environment (IDE)
- Python scripting
- Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Basic knowledge of optics terms and theories
- Basic knowledge of Robotics or industrial automation
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine- It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance- Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
The Benefits We Can Offer You
- ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan)
- Healthy lunch provided onsite, daily
- Wellness Allowance
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Nany Care Service
- Monthly social events
- Monthly team lunch
- Baraja’s Clubs (e.g. Coffee, Physics, Robotics, Brewing, etc)
- Social sporting teams (e.g. Hiking, Basketball, Soccer, Frisbee, Table tennis)
- Volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
The recognition we gathered
We've recently been the recipient of the following:
- Finalist in the 2021 InnovationAus Awards for Excellence in 3 categories: People's Choice, Advanced Manufacturing & Wild Card
- 2021 NSW Premier's Export NSW Awards
- iAward for Automation Technologies Innovation of the Year 2019
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!