Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
Due to current and projected growth, Koala is looking to boost our fast-paced Finance function. We are looking for an Operations Business Partner reporting to the Director of FP&A, to manage and report on product profitability and the cost base of the Operations function, support new product development (NPD), prepare budgets and forecasts and provide ongoing commercial and analytical support to key stakeholders.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Partner closely with a large number of stakeholders across the operations functions of Koala, as well as in-country leads (Australia, Japan & South Korea)
- Work with stakeholders to prepare budgets/forecasts and support financial analysis of initiatives and projects across product design/development, fulfilment operations, delivery and customer service
- Work with stakeholders to drive cost improvements at a product level across the Koala ranges
- Modelling and decision support on NPD, including expansion into new ranges and markets
- Analyse product performance and operations cost trends and prepare regular reports and analysis of the results for reporting purposes
- Identification of risks and opportunities to budget and forecast
- Continuously improve and enhance Operations forecasting models and methodology to drive forecast accuracy
- Key contributor to target setting for COGS and fulfilment costs as part of the Annual Budget and 3 Year Plan process
- Proven ability to interact, engage and influence stakeholders across the business
- Proven track record of leveraging analytical skills and insights to deliver business results
- Creative problem solving skills with strong modelling experience
- Ability to interpret financial statements, P&L and cash drivers.
- CA/CPA qualified or qualification underway (preferred)
- Highly analytical, with an ability to work with multiple data sources
- Advanced excel or sheets user
- Ability to embrace ambiguity, be adaptive and thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- Passionate about the details and focused on data accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills