At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers travel to fashion capitals around the globe to source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying Academy workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
- Support our buyers with product and design development in line with brand strategy, end use and target customer personas
- Manage the critical path from product conception to delivery to our fulfilment centre
- Support our Buyers with cost price negotiations and margin management
- Track samples including pre-shoot samples & styling notes handover documentation
- Support our Buyers with product selection, development, and sourcing of fabrications, colours, trims etc
- Attend our fitting sessions to support our Buyers & Garment Technologists
- Assist our Buyers with trade analysis and commentary
- Assist with the management of sku lifecycle/re-coding
- Assist our Buyers/Planners with core line management
- Attend supplier meetings and assist Buyers with contract on-boarding process in Jira
- Manage & populate weekly marketing sku lists
- Assist in completing the marketing monthly priorities alongside our Buyers
- Conduct consistent local and internet market research
- Identify product & trends relevant to customer segment
- Ideally you will have 1-2 years of experience as a Buyers Assistant working in high volume private label business
- Skilled in Excel reporting (including pivot tables and v-look ups)
- Strong communication skills with a great eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills
- A strong team player who embodies our ICONIC Principles
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.