Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees, or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay is looking for a UX researcher to help develop our understanding of what our customers want. As part of a research team, you will be helping to inform and set the product strategy roadmap of a fast-growing business. The ideal candidate has an innate curiosity about human behavior and strives to understand why people behave the way they do.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
• Work with cross-functional partners in product management, analytics, design, and data science to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding of the Afterpay experience
• Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
• Interpret analysis through the lens of user needs, business impact, and engineering feasibility
• Communicate results and recommendations in compelling and creative ways
• Lead and deliver research share-outs to build empathy with users
Who are you? (Qualifications)
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay. You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders, and shape the future with excitement.
• 5+ years of mixed methods research experience
• Experience in qualitative research methodologies
• Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (for example: survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis)
• Experience in survey design
• Experience in asking, as well as answering questions in a business context
• Experience in communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
• 4 years of quantitative research experience
• Experience conducting research in a business or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand their research needs
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis using statistical tools (R, SQL, and or Python)
• Experience with unmoderated research methods
• Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. degree in social science (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Economics), or in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Data Science)
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney or Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!